What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

Can't see it :(
FTFY

Screenshot_20240926_203819_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Just put a VPN on with a UK destination it usually deals with the problem.

I feel for you. I really do. I use the dishwasher daily (overnight) so when I cook, everything is immediately cleared up and put in the dish-washer. Then next morning my partner empties it before I get up. Now I should point out that he has dementia, so sometimes things are put away in odd places but at least it means I start every day with everything clean and put away and can cook all day with no dirty dishes in sight.
I understand that. My wife has a habit of relocating things for some unknown reason. I once found the company checkbook in the entry hall closet and just yesterday I found a package of cat food in the potato drawer. At least our partners eat well.

During the time since my wife's stroke I have been re-organizing the kitchen. Frying was always a challenge because we have done it pots on the stove. My wife had a habit of storing the oil in a large Pyrex measuring cup covered with aluminum foil. An embarrassment but true. So I figured we could just as easily store the oil in one of these so I ordered one.

View attachment 118805
Now that I have almost 10 minutes of experience with this thing I'll venture a review.

Pros - it fulfills its main task of storing cooking oil and its secondary role of deep frying. It comes apart and assembles quickly for cleaning. Four parts, exterior, removable oil tank, electrical unit and basket. It is cheap

Cons - Very short cord making it impossible to use next to the stove so that it can benefit from the exhaust fan. It is pretty small. I think it may make 2 russet potatoes worth of French fries, certainly not more. In the storage position the basket handle sinks into the oil.

Overall it is competent for small households like ours but a family of 4 should choose a larger model. Below is the result of my test run - One plantain. It was competently cooked.
platnos.jpg

habit of relocating things for some unknown reason
Oh I get that, not very fun, when you try to find things. My daughter has her own perception of tidying up, in that she hides everything from the top surface, into drawers, cupboard, under the sink...😄and she declares: Look how lovely and clean it is now😆

Next is a french fry cutter. I'm interested to find out how much potato they waste. Cutting fries with a knife makes for unequal fries but doesn't waste anything.

Next is a french fry cutter. I'm interested to find out how much potato they waste. Cutting fries with a knife makes for unequal fries but doesn't waste anything.
They shouldn't waste anything.
At least the one I got doesnt.
But...
Although most cuts are similar, there will be more off-cuts (smaller pieces) than cutting by hand. Can't really call them wastage though

Back
Top Bottom