What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

My original Cuisinart lasted decades. The base was still fine, but I had to replace it because no one made bowls for it any longer, and that had deteriorated to the point of failing. Cuisinart did offer me something like $50 towards a new one, though.

Foolishly, I went with KitchenAid as a replacement. There aren’t enough words in two languages to describe what a poor excuse of a food processor it was. I returned it once, but the replacement was just as bad. It was a joke. A toy.

I finally replaced it with a new Cuisinart, which is what I should have done to begin with, and it’s brilliant. I love it. Chugs through bread doughs with nary a complaint, runs at a whisper. Has big and small bowls. The piece of 💩 KA bogged down on pure liquids and sounded like a banshee with bad adenoids. :laugh:
I know some folks do bread doughs in the food processors but I always just used my KA stand mixer. How awful that the KA food processor was a dud. You have a KA stand mixer don't you? Or used to have one?

Do you think that the food processor works better or the same as a stand mixer for dough?

I know some folks do bread doughs in the food processors but I always just used my KA stand mixer. How awful that the KA food processor was a dud. You have a KA stand mixer don't you? Or used to have one?

Do you think that the food processor works better or the same as a stand mixer for dough?
It works faster. I have two KA stand mixers. The stand mixer is my choice for bread dough which needs kneading. Most of my bread doughs need about 10 minutes under the dough hook. But pie dough doesn't want to be over worked. I can put the ingredients into the processor and mix for a very few seconds until the dough balls up. Done and ready for the rolling pin. I can set up the processor, add the prepared ingredients and have finished dough in less than minute.

It works faster. I have two KA stand mixers. The stand mixer is my choice for bread dough which needs kneading. Most of my bread doughs need about 10 minutes under the dough hook. But pie dough doesn't want to be over worked. I can put the ingredients into the processor and mix for a very few seconds until the dough balls up. Done and ready for the rolling pin. I can set up the processor, add the prepared ingredients and have finished dough in less than minute.
Yeah, it was bread dough I was really asking about. I have always just made pie dough by hand (I rarely make pies), but I love my KA for bread dough (I love making bread). Bread dough is tedious by hand and I haven't made it that way in probably 30 years?

My original Cuisinart lasted decades. The base was still fine, but I had to replace it because no one made bowls for it any longer, and that had deteriorated to the point of failing. Cuisinart did offer me something like $50 towards a new one, though.

Foolishly, I went with KitchenAid as a replacement. There aren’t enough words in two languages to describe what a poor excuse of a food processor it was. I returned it once, but the replacement was just as bad. It was a joke. A toy.

I finally replaced it with a new Cuisinart, which is what I should have done to begin with, and it’s brilliant. I love it. Chugs through bread doughs with nary a complaint, runs at a whisper. Has big and small bowls. The piece of 💩 KA bogged down on pure liquids and sounded like a banshee with bad adenoids. :laugh:
Here's hoping the Kitchen Aid immersion blender is better than your food processor was. I have one arriving on Thursday. It has good reviews. I agree that the Cuisinart processor is a good one. I would still be using it if I hadn't fumbled.

Magimix, unfortunately, doesn't exist over here. I'm going to have to go for Cuisinart, KitchenAid, Hamilton Beach, Black & Decker; something like that. Price is an issue... but what the heck. I'll starve for 3 days to pay for it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I am pretty sure you could wander around your property and graze. Plenty to eat out there!

You have a KA stand mixer don't you? Or used to have one?

Yes, I do have a KA stand mixer that I use frequently. It’s close to (if not over) 30 years old.

Finished product…I see no appreciable difference in quality. The big advantage with the FP is speed. Pizza dough by hand…about 10 minutes kneading. Pizza dough in stand mixer…about 7 minutes. Pizza dough in FP…45 seconds for kneading.

When I’m in a hurry, or my hand’s bothering me, I’ll use the FP for doughs. When I’m not in a hurry, but I’m lazy, I’ll use the stand mixer. When I’m feeling artisanal, it’s all by hand.

Yes, I do have a KA stand mixer that I use frequently. It’s close to (if not over) 30 years old.

Finished product…I see no appreciable difference in quality. The big advantage with the FP is speed. Pizza dough by hand…about 10 minutes kneading. Pizza dough in stand mixer…about 7 minutes. Pizza dough in FB…45 seconds for kneading.

When I’m in a hurry, or my hand’s bothering me, I’ll use the FB for doughs. When I’m not in a hurry, but I’m lazy, I’ll use the stand mixer. When I’m feeling artisanal, it’s all by hand.
What do you mean there? Why is not being faster being lazy? Is it because the FP is harder to clean even though it's faster? Also, you typoed FB in a few places LOL.

What do you mean there?
I mean, when I have the time to let the stand mixer run, as it’s significantly longer than the FP, but I also don’t feel like standing there and actually doing the work of kneading (or when my hand is acting up and I’m can’t kneading).

Typos untypoed! :laugh:

Well our ice maker in the kitchen freezer (AKA "Nellie" as we named her) quit working again, so we plugged in the countertop ice maker early afternoon. That things works a treat! It dumps a small tray of ice every 8 minutes or so. I dump the basket every half hour or so into the kitchen freezer ice bin and it's full now, so I will unplug it and plug it back in tomorrow.
I had a small copper ice maker & it had stopped making ice! I thought that it was broken also! So I bought a larger one. Then the small one started working again some time later. I gave it to a friend. She cleaned it & began using it. :whistling:

Last edited:
Magimix, unfortunately, doesn't exist over here. I'm going to have to go for Cuisinart, KitchenAid, Hamilton Beach, Black & Decker; something like that. Price is an issue... but what the heck. I'll starve for 3 days to pay for it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Then I recommend the Cuisinart. It has been an industry leader for quite a while.

I know they do 👍 I just wouldn’t recommend one of the back of owning the blender. Although I am a big fan of Ninja, they give you a lot for the money.
Some of their products are good, such as the Ninja Foodi. other products of theirs are pure crap!!! For instance, I would never buy a Ninja blender!! The so-called soup only gets Luke warm The motors can't spin the blade fast enough, which means that it can't make hot soup!! It can't produce the friction that's needed for that to happen. :stop:

Last edited:
Kitchen Aid have ruined themselves succumbing to the same disease many brands do squeezing the quality and using poor parts to increase profits.
So sad they were such a revered brand.
On trust pilot they now score 1.3 out of 5 due to their products breaking.

I only recently bought my blender and went to John Lewis to see the things in the flesh, I was shocked by the feel of the poor build quality with kitchen aid. The reviews backed up my suspicions they don’t last five mins now 😞

Personally I after functionality I look for the highest wattage with the longest guarantee then read all the reviews. Especially the bad reviews who are usually written by long time users rather than over excited people who’ve barely got it out of the box before giving it 5 stars 😂

If I didn’t already have a Magimix and wasn’t in the mood to spend an arm and a leg Ninja would be where I’d risk my money. I’ve had some interaction with their customer services and they have been extremely good.

Some of their products are good, such as the Ninja Foodi. other products of theirs are pure crap!!! :stop:
Which ones?

I’ve read my blenders fault is that the plastic housing breaks.
Having used it many times now I can imagine that happening as it’s motor is ridiculously powerful, there’s no way anything other than the most robust housing will be able to take that blasting away for long 😂

Which ones?

I’ve read my blenders fault is that the plastic housing breaks.
Having used it many times now I can imagine that happening as it’s motor is ridiculously powerful, there’s no way anything other than the most robust housing will be able to take that blasting away for long 😂
It is mostly made of plastic. Even the drive lug the spins the blade is plastic. Which is why I bought a Vitamix blender. The drive post is metal & the motor spins the blade at 25,000 rpm to get the soup hot in about 6 minutes or so. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom