What are you wearing today (2024)?

I was looking for warm clothes to go to town and I found more socks :)
(I live at an altitude of 350 metre, the capital is at 1200 metres)
Staggering what a difference altitude makes to temperature.
I always strip off everything I can when I get off the ferry in Santander 🥵 then within 20mins of climbing am shivering violently and have to put it all back on 😂

Two of my sons won't go out without a baseball/flat cap.
That’s one thing I do not own, will not own, and will not wear…a baseball cap. Not for me. Nope. :headshake:

I’ll wear hats as a fashion accessory, mainly (Surprised? Didn’t think so. :laugh: ), but I do have a balding bit on my crown and have found it sunburned more than once.

I've still got a full head of hair :D . I never notice the effect of the sun. Even at the beach - once I've had enough sunbathing, I'll pop under the beach umbrella. Sunglasses naturally.
A hat for me is a wide brim and I wear at the beach or pool only to offer additional protection to my face.

...so that would get me 10 gallons of beer?
Tell me where I can buy one! Now!!
Okay so apparently it wasn't called a 10 gallon hat and I think it probably wouldn't hold that much beer. I know you were just joking but anyway...

Apparently you can make your own and you start with something like this:

1722023913576.png

Then you add black felt to it and all that kinda stuff. I am not sure how long it will take to soak the beer through (probably could hold 2 litres) but the way I imagine you can guzzle brewskies you could probably get it down before the bottom fell out.

Getting used to wearing all black for the mourning period. A month or longer...

Obviously it is not a must, but I strongly feel I would. Out of respect and empathy.

It is strange, but I doubt that anyone in the UK would do that, however religious. It was prevalent here in Victorian times but not so now. A lot of people no longer wear black to funerals - my Mum, in fact stipulated bright colours for hers. But obviously you must do what you think is fitting.

doubt that anyone in the UK would do that,
Really? I suppose differences are significant. Thank you for sharing.

Here it is very, very common. Not wearing black would be tolerated, but it makes for a very low percentage of people who would not wear black. It is a sign of respect, not so much religious determination.

If a person would tell me, no need to wear black, I would respect that too. When a school colleaugue died several years ago, we all wore black to her funeral, navy is fine too, dark grey also, but it is basically expected.

It is also not strictly prescribed how long you wear black. Depends on the closeness of the person who died and yourself. I reckon a month, as I wrote in this instance.

When my Grandma, maternal, died, in 2001, my Mom and I wore black for,hm, possibly 3 months. Unsure, long time ago. But we certainly wore. There was no doubt about it.

By saying I don't have to, I meant we are not married (or engaged, yet), I never met his Dad in person, unsure if he knew about my existance. However, in the 4, almost 5 years of boyfriend and me are a couple, we spoke so much about his Dad's declining health, his Mom's worries, the difficulties, all the medical issues, that I absolutely feel I was a part of my boyfriend's support system.

Above all, am grateful to his Dad to have created him, and respect him. His Mom as well, goes without saying.

I love my boyfriend, so to me co-wearing black is a sign of togetherness, empathy and co-sadness. This is how I feel, sincerely. He did not require it. It is not only the clothing, I prayed so many times, cried, supported, worried, so it is the whole package.

I am quite old fashioned in several respects, this may be one of them.

In the religious framework, it is a moment, period of loss, grief, but also humble joy and gratitude for the eternal peace and encounter with God and all the Saints and previously deceased persons. I won't go into that topic, but you know, we all do, what the dogmas are.

I appreciate your post.🩵🤗

Back
Top Bottom