What are you wearing today (2024)?

It was all because I didn’t have my hair tied back for a change, so since I was displaying the drapes, I thought I’d include the carpet.
I like your hair down better than tied back. Same with my DH. I'd rather he let his locks loose instead of the ponytail. Now late at night he takes it out, but why bother on days where you guys aren't going anywhere?

I like your hair down better than tied back. Same with my DH. I'd rather he let his locks loose instead of the ponytail. Now late at night he takes it out, but why bother on days where you guys aren't going anywhere?
I usually tie it back for cooking and if it’s hot out, that’s about it.

It was a lot longer, but my new stylist (with my approval) chopped a few inches off on my first visit with her. She said she wanted to “frame my face,” so how could I say no? :laugh:

My new sandals. Rose gold. Sunday clothes. A very light black and white long skirt, black cotton t shirt.
Their soles are thick, feels like walking on clouds. Enchanted.

20240721_095054.jpg
20240721_100040.jpg

IMG_8883.jpeg

Another “alternate lyrics” opportunity, at the expense of ZZ Top:

He got legs
Down to his peach socks
Which could be Meg’s
Cuz he got ‘em at the girls’ shop

They’re sorta tanned
But not in a good way
Just on the thighs
From mowing grass all day

He’s kinda lazy
Likes biscuits and gravy
But he’s all right

On the socks thing:
Ever since I moved to Venezuela, socks have been anathema. While I was working in offices, with air conditioning, fine; but as soon as I started out on my own - nah. It's far too hot for socks. 26-28C during the day ( between 74-80F), no way. I've got two entire drawers full of socks and most of the socks are over 25 years old.
Same goes for hats/caps/sombreros - never been able to use them. The only time I ever used caps was (a) at school (because they were obligatory) and (b) playing cricket.
Two of my sons won't go out without a baseball/flat cap. Strange, innit?? :D

On the socks thing:
Ever since I moved to Venezuela, socks have been anathema. While I was working in offices, with air conditioning, fine; but as soon as I started out on my own - nah. It's far too hot for socks. 26-28C during the day ( between 74-80F), no way. I've got two entire drawers full of socks and most of the socks are over 25 years old.
Same goes for hats/caps/sombreros - never been able to use them. The only time I ever used caps was (a) at school (because they were obligatory) and (b) playing cricket.
Two of my sons won't go out without a baseball/flat cap. Strange, innit?? :D
I hate socks, but in winter I have to wear them (you know snow boots and whatnot require socks underneath) and I will wear them to bed because my feet get cold. I haven't worn socks since May since the weather has been warmer. I wear sandals all summer and as long as I possibly can get away with it.

I haven't worn socks since May since the weather has been warmer. I wear sandals all summer and as long as I possibly can get away with it.
You've just reminded me of my Uni days in SE London. My last year (1975) was particularily hot, even by British standards. We walked around in flip flops, and clogs.
God! We must have been a sight for sore eyes! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Same goes for hats/caps/sombreros - never been able to use them.
Curious, how do you protect your head/brain and eyes from the scorching sun?
I know some people can apparently manage without hats.
Definitely, I am not one of them.

On the socks front, yes, completely trying to avoid socks in summer, even when it gets 20c+ I try getting around barefoot...

Only for sports, I do wear socks.

Curious, how do you protect your head/brain and eyes from the scorching sun?
I know some people can apparently manage without hats.
Definitely, I am not one of them.

On the socks front, yes, completely trying to avoid socks in summer, even when it gets 20c+ I try getting around barefoot...

Only for sports, I do wear socks.
I only wear hats at the beach or pool. I wear sunscreen too of course. Just walking around or being outside I've never worn hats (except riding helmets when I rode horses years ago).

I force myself to try wear a hat when out in the sun, but I'm not very forceful...
I do not like them. Hats, caps anything.
I'll wear a beanie when it is cold.

I seem to get away with it. I still have fairly thick hair luckily.

As for sock...
Only when it is cold.
I think I have 3 pair
I have one pair of shoes, but I hardly ever wear them. I prefer flops (fake birkenstocks)

Back
Top Bottom