What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:

Well, at least he'll be awake for the ride home...:hyper:
I took it to mean that too but wasn't sure whether I should mention it!
rolleyespink.gif

I cooked various dishes for our guests this evening. Made the Nigel Slater sweet and sour chicken with garnish, made the Rick Stein cod fritters with aeoli, made lamb koftas with tzatziki, made some curried rice and a sharp, acidic salad. The fundamental idea was plenty of variety and everyone could have as much or as little as they liked. A total of eight at the table (there were three guests but one of our own numbers had a better offer), wine flowed, plenty of laughter, a good evening, all in all. Guests have left now - the one who is driving had coke - and the kitchen is cleaned. Just finished a nice coffee. So, what's for dinner tomorrow....?
Sounds like a great experience! Did you enjoy the cooking process or were you flustered? Often it comes down to allowing enough time to do it all.

I am a fan of Nigel Slater too and liked his TV programmes....he has a way of making the dishes sound enticing (without having to resort to pouting or hair flicking like a certain lady!)

Sounds like a great experience! Did you enjoy the cooking process or were you flustered? Often it comes down to allowing enough time to do it all.

I am a fan of Nigel Slater too and liked his TV programmes....he has a way of making the dishes sound enticing (without having to resort to pouting or hair flicking like a certain lady!)

Yes it wasn't too bad today. I did start early - I was off work today, not because of this, I was on childcare detail, Easter holidays and all. But it did help to make it that I was on top of things. Though my friend did actually help with the last minute frying of the cod fritters - but that was okay, beer was had, tales of the trip they had just returned from were shared - they live in North Yorkshire but had just flown in through Liverpool, that's why they stopped by - and when the fritters were done, everyone was ready to sit down.

Yes, the Nigel Slater chicken was popular. I have to say, I like Nigella too, but there are a couple of Nigel Slater's dishes that my wife and I like to cook.

Yes it wasn't too bad today. I did start early - I was off work today, not because of this, I was on childcare detail, Easter holidays and all. But it did help to make it that I was on top of things. Though my friend did actually help with the last minute frying of the cod fritters - but that was okay, beer was had, tales of the trip they had just returned from were shared - they live in North Yorkshire but had just flown in through Liverpool, that's why they stopped by - and when the fritters were done, everyone was ready to sit down.

Yes, the Nigel Slater chicken was popular. I have to say, I like Nigella too, but there are a couple of Nigel Slater's dishes that my wife and I like to cook.

It sounds like a great meal. Well done! No photos? I suppose it would be a bit weird to start snapping just after you served up! :happy:

Some great looking food. It is cold and damp here today..I am going to put a pot of ragu on to have with some spaghetti later this evening...
Unlimited salad .
Ouch! That would hurt to be a restaurant with unlimited salad..Romaine, and Leaf prices are insanely high right now. Almost four times the usual price..$106 for a case that usually goes for 35. Something about the crop was ruined because of heavy rains in Southern California and Northern Mexico....

Some great looking food. It is cold and damp here today..I am going to put a pot of ragu on to have with some spaghetti later this evening...
Ouch! That would hurt to be a restaurant with unlimited salad..Romaine, and Leaf prices are insanely high right now. Almost four times the usual price..$106 for a case that usually goes for 35. Something about the crop was ruined because of heavy rains in Southern California and Northern Mexico....
This restaurant is known for unlimited salad and can we say Iceberg lettuce. Not the expensive lettuce.

This restaurant is known for unlimited salad and can we say Iceberg lettuce. Not the expensive lettuce.
When you say unlimited salad, does that mean other salads than iceberg? Here there is a chain restaurant which does the same. They have a whole selection of salads - I can't remember them all, but things like pasta salad, potato salad, tomato salad as well as lettuce and bread rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom