What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say unlimited salad, does that mean other salads than iceberg? Here there is a chain restaurant which does the same. They have a whole selection of salads - I can't remember them all, but things like pasta salad, potato salad, tomato salad as well as lettuce and bread rolls.
No, this is their Italian salad. One type of salad.

Though at Rocklobster, there are several different restaurants that do have big salad bars that are all you want like morning glory mentioned. But again, cheaper lettuces.

Prawns pan fried in garlic butter. As it's 38 degC here currently, I'll allow them to cool and slap them in a sarnie later.

garlic prawns s.jpg

No, this is their Italian salad. One type of salad.

Though at Rocklobster, there are several different restaurants that do have big salad bars that are all you want like morning glory mentioned. But again, cheaper lettuces.
When one lettuce goes up, subsequently, they all go up because the demand for other lettuces rises, also..it can be a bit of a scam if you ask me..

When one lettuce goes up, subsequently, they all go up because the demand for other lettuces rises, also..it can be a bit of a scam if you ask me..
I am pretty sure that particular restaurant has a contract with the lettuce people since it has many many restaurants. It was a chain not a local place.

@morning glory remember most salad dressings are 100 calories a tablespoon.

Is no-one cooking or eating today except @Yorky ?

Tonight was one of my favourite dishes - Eggs Florentine. Served with some home-made bread. I just adore it.

For lunch today I made sausage patties with eggs over easy on top. Topped the whole thing with jack cheese and avocado. I am eating a high fat low carb diet. I lost 20 pounds in three months by eating loads of avocados, sausage and bacon. And to think I used to be a vegetarian! lol

Oh sorry.
Steaks, carrots and onions. Maybe turnips.

I'm still waiting to hear how you or your partner cook turnips! They are one of my favourite vegetables. Interestingly, if you cook radishes they taste a lot like turnips. And if you eat raw turnip it tastes like radish...

For lunch today I made sausage patties with eggs over easy on top. Topped the whole thing with jack cheese and avocado. I am eating a high fat low carb diet. I lost 20 pounds in three months by eating loads of avocados, sausage and bacon. And to think I used to be a vegetarian! lol
Gosh! That is a good weight loss. I wouldn't do well on that diet as I don't much like avocados! But if it works for you...

Just got home. I'll be eating soon..Pilsner first...my hockey team is in the play offs (sorry BT:p), so I have to tune in and get the tv tray ready. ...broiled salmon w/lemon butter on mixed green salad....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom