What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh! That is a good weight loss. I wouldn't do well on that diet as I don't much like avocados! But if it works for you...

It does work for most people. I have a high carb day once or twice a month and it doesn't slow weight loss. I can't even imagine not liking avocados. LOL Sometimes I just peel them, salt them like a hard boiled egg, and eat them with a spoon.

I haven't got a clue what @buckytom and @Rocklobster are going on about - but I'm sure this game is very important! I've virtually given up watching football as Arsenal and Sunderland are not doing much...
Hey hun,
Wrong football. BT was talking about American football which uses a funny looking pigskin and they rarely use their feet on the ball unless it is the kicker.

It does work for most people. I have a high carb day once or twice a month and it doesn't slow weight loss. I can't even imagine not liking avocados. LOL Sometimes I just peel them, salt them like a hard boiled egg, and eat them with a spoon.
I love avocadoes now but I remember the first time I bought/tried one (back in the 1970s). I was not familiar with how it should taste. It was called an avocado pear back then so I was expecting a sweet, fruity flavour. I thought it had gone off and threw it away!

Hey hun,
Wrong football. BT was talking about American football which uses a funny looking pigskin and they rarely use their feet on the ball unless it is the kicker.
I know the difference - I was just adding my thoughts about the crap football going on here in the UK1

I love avocadoes now but I remember the first time I bought/tried one (back in the 1970s). I was not familiar with how it should taste. It was called an avocado pear back then so I was expecting a sweet, fruity flavour. I thought it had gone off and threw it away!

That's hilarious! I grew up in California eating avocados all the time but I have friends on the east coast and Canada who've never tried one. It blows my mind because it's always been such an integral part of my diet. I just never ate them as often before going on a high fat diet because I was afraid they were too fattening.

That's hilarious! I grew up in California eating avocados all the time but I have friends on the east coast and Canada who've never tried one. It blows my mind because it's always been such an integral part of my diet. I just never ate them as often before going on a high fat diet because I was afraid they were too fattening.

They are quite calorific... and it depends which sort you eat. There is a thread about this somewhere. One kind has more cals than the other.

But it's classed as having the 'good' fat, i.e. monosaturated fat....even so, moderation is key.
Good fat - bad fat? The debate continues. Coconut oil is the new trendy fat kid on the block. Yet it is more than 90 percent saturated fat - butter is only 64 percent saturated fat. Its a complex area and people will argue all sorts of things... I have got to an age when I eat what I want to eat. Well, I probably always did!

Yeah...I finally got there (but was it worth it I ask myself!?) Just amusing myself before bedtime! :okay:
Originally, the H in the middle of the C of the jersey of the Montreal Canadians stands for Les Habitants..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitants.
They were the first French settlers in Canada..then, many years later, that got morphed into English slang and a nickname, or short form was created..The Habs. It's a language phenomenon that happens a lot in bilingual Canada.
mtl-770x470.png

Last edited:
Good fat - bad fat? The debate continues. Coconut oil is the new trendy fat kid on the block. Yet it is more than 90 percent saturated fat - butter is only 64 percent saturated fat. Its a complex area and people will argue all sorts of things... I have got to an age when I eat what I want to eat. Well, I probably always did!
For some of us the debate is over! Ancil Keys has a lot to answer for, leading the world down a "saturated fat is evil/carbs and sugar are good" route, resulting in epidemic levels of obesity and type 2 diabetes. Bring on the avocados!

I'll give you a statistic..From 1980 until 1986 I worked as an undertaker...In that time,we buried just as many skinny people as we did fat people... somehow, everybody all ends up in the same place...

Last edited:
Originally, the H in the middle of the C of the jersey of the Montreal Canadians stands for Les Habitants..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitants.
They were the first French settlers in Canada..then, many years later, that got morphed into English slang and a nickname, or short form was created..The Habs. It's a language phenomenon that happens a lot in bilingual Canada.
mtl-770x470.png

I heard that the H for Habitants was just a popular misunderstanding. It really just stands for hockey.

No coupe por vous! :cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom