What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hair started going grey at 17. I blamed it on my little brother and a friend of his.

Milk shake for breakfast: Soy milk, strawberries, half an apple, 2 wholemeal biscuits, some almond and a sprinkle of cinnamon...
IMG-20170414-WA0003.jpg

My memory is buggered. I think someone on here suggested baking potatoes but cutting them in half first. Today I've baked three and cut one in half to give it a try.

halved jackets s.jpg

My memory is buggered. I think someone on here suggested baking potatoes but cutting them in half first. Today I've baked three and cut one in half to give it a try.

View attachment 6429
Yes it was me! Did you like them? They do cook in less time than a baked potato - usually around 45 mins at Mk. 6 upper centre shelf (depending on thickness - sliced lengthways).

I tend to criss cross the cut surface to help facilitate the heat dispersal + it is attractive. It looks like you remembered to oil the surface. :okay:

It has the best of both options, i.e. baked and semi 'roast'/hot pot potato-ish!

Last edited:
Yes it was me! Did you like them? They do cook in less time than a baked potato - usually around 45 mins at Mk. 6 upper centre shelf (depending on thickness - sliced lengthways).

They were baked in the halogen oven. 2 minutes each in the microwave to start then 25 minutes in the oven. I left the whole ones for a further 5 minutes.

[Edit: brushed with a little olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt prior to cooking]

They were baked in the halogen oven. 2 minutes each in the microwave to start then 25 minutes in the oven. I left the whole ones for a further 5 minutes.

[Edit: brushed with a little olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt prior to cooking]
I am not familiar with a halogen oven. Presumably it still produces crispy food? How do the cut potatoes compare with the baked ones, i.e. did you like them?

They were very nice indeed with a little butter. OK, strange bedfellows but these are they with bhindi bhaji. I shall definitely cook them again (and remember to score them for effect).

strange bedfellows s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom