What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like okra for a few meals in the near future - although I'm assured bhindi bhaji will freeze satisfactorily. My mate brought me a little today fresh off the farm.

okra april s.jpg

They are very soft and much more digestive with oil...and yes :oops: I mean cherry jam....
How do you prepare your biscuits MG?

I just made a very simple biscuit recipe (butter, sugar, egg, flour and baking powder) - flavoured with instant coffee. I'll photograph them tomorrow (not enough light now). How are you making shortcrust with oil?

I just made a very simple biscuit recipe (butter, sugar, egg, flour and baking powder) - flavoured with instant coffee. I'll photograph them tomorrow (not enough light now). How are you making shortcrust with oil?

Simple but so good! Yes I used extra virgin oil instead of butter...and for the dough I added also a lemon zest

100g. of extra virgin oil.
Beat the eggs and gradually add the oil, stirring constantly. Then go on with the other ingredients. Put the dough in refrigerator for about 30/40 minutes. But I recommend using latex gloves because the dough is very greasy!

Last edited:
I cooked various dishes for our guests this evening. Made the Nigel Slater sweet and sour chicken with garnish, made the Rick Stein cod fritters with aeoli, made lamb koftas with tzatziki, made some curried rice and a sharp, acidic salad. The fundamental idea was plenty of variety and everyone could have as much or as little as they liked. A total of eight at the table (there were three guests but one of our own numbers had a better offer), wine flowed, plenty of laughter, a good evening, all in all. Guests have left now - the one who is driving had coke - and the kitchen is cleaned. Just finished a nice coffee. So, what's for dinner tomorrow....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom