What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using up offcuts of pastry. Some Indian pastries with onion, potato, peas, garam masala and mango powder filling:

IMGP1845.jpg

IMGP1847.jpg

Today will be pork chops, maybe cabbage if the head is still good, possibly baby carrots though they may be tomorrow, some cooked onions and possibly potatoes.

Tomorrow will be steaks and turnips and zucchini.

Tomorrow will be steaks and turnips and zucchini.

I'm a great fan of turnips. An underrated vegetable, I think. How will you cook them? They are fantastic roasted with some herbs. There are some in this root veg medley I cooked not long ago (before and after pictures):

IMGP1678.jpg

IMGP1682.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn’t expecting to, but it’s me cooking tea tonight. So what do you think I’m doing? Some succulent meat dish with a subtle infusion of herbs and spices to titillate and excite the palette? Nah, I’m doing sausages and mash. And no bottle of a certain vintage either. It’ll be eau-de-tap tonight.

I wasn’t expecting to, but it’s me cooking tea tonight. So what do you think I’m doing? Some succulent meat dish with a subtle infusion of herbs and spices to titillate and excite the palette? Nah, I’m doing sausages and mash. And no bottle of a certain vintage either. It’ll be eau-de-tap tonight.
Tap beer or tap water?

Tonight's sashimi:

The Bbq'd eel

0410171656a.jpg

And the salmon and mackerel

0410171650a.jpg

The mackerel was odd. It was a brick of just a thin piece of flesh attached to the solid roe sack (the yellow part).
All was good, and the wife made sticky rice, and 2 kinds of steamed dumplings, shrimp and leek, to go with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom