What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually looking forward to tonight's dinner I will be making a beef stew..I know that doesn't sound very exciting, but I get home early on Sunday afternoons so I have a bit of extra time to cook. Most nights I get home around 6:45 so I do up dishes that don't require an extended cooking time..it's the simple things in life that make me happy...that's what my girlfriend always says..:o_o:

Last edited:
Lunch today sat in our back garden
P_20170409_142014_1.jpg

Firstly, our water is terrible. For too many reasons to explain here, so I will also use bottled water.

Oh, what's the difference between a West Bend slow cooker, and a crock pot? Do you just mean the brand name?
If so, I have no idea who makes ours. But I think of Crock Pot as the Kleenex or Vaseline of slow, heavy ceramic, electric cookers as the terms are interchangable.

Ok, so, no seasoning, herbs, or spices with the beans?
Crockpots have removable pots. West bend the pans are set on a base. So yes, the ceramic one. I was using crockpot in the generic.

Do not use bulk bottled water. Use bottles of drinking water.
Just salt when the beans are about 3/4 done but don't use much.
It is simple but oh so good.

Tonight I got back from visiting my friend in Essex and popped a chicken in the oven. Terribly simple: roast chicken, Charlotte potatoes, green beans and bread sauce (and some gravy). My daughter had vegetarian toad in the hole in place of the chicken. Tomorrow, I will be on track with inventions! Semolina (including cous-cous) is the cooking challenge ingredient and I am doing some research into possibilities... :happy:

Tonight I got back from visiting my friend in Essex and popped a chicken in the oven. Terribly simple: roast chicken, Charlotte potatoes, green beans and bread sauce (and some gravy). My daughter had vegetarian toad in the hole in place of the chicken. Tomorrow, I will be on track with inventions! Semolina (including cous-cous) is the cooking challenge ingredient and I am doing some research into possibilities... :happy:
Sounds nice! I've had a long day, i.e. tired and misread your roast to be 'simply terrible!'
default_wacko.png
I was about to ask you why!??? Ha!

I like experimenting too! :okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom