What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About jacket potato, how do you cook them? I've never cooked them

It just means potatoes baked whole with the skin on in the oven. Very easy. Then you cut them open and eat with butter and or toppings like cheese. See here:

PotatoesBaked118.jpg

Yummy! So is that caramelised onions in the toasted sandwich - and where does the chilli feature?
I just cut the pickled pepper up in bits and eat it along with the sandwich..The caramelized onions have been simmered with thyme, allspice, garlic and reduced sherry and beef broth. I sometimes do a fairly large batch and refrigerate it for an assortment of uses..

I just cut the pickled pepper up in bits and eat it along with the sandwich..The caramelized onions have been simmered with thyme, allspice, garlic and reduced sherry and beef broth. I sometimes do a fairly large batch and refrigerate it for an assortment of uses..

Sounds like the start of a French onion soup.

I looooove Fronch own-yoh-n

Tuesday night's dinner was a variation on odds & sods soup. This time it was some rather tired leeks, some soft carrots, and some leftovers from a pack of mixed salad leaves plus some really fresh butter beans which I didn't have room for all of in the fridge and a few leaves from the thick stalks of some purple sprouting broccoli. There was enough for two bowlfuls and I served it up with seed bread. Afters was one of @morning glory's hot cross buns filled with lashings of fresh unsalted butter.

WP_20170404_21_10_41_Pro.jpg

Better with the larger potato (what used to be called baking potatoes by my mum). Don't peel, just scrub the skin clean and pop in the oven for about 90 minutes or until cooked through.

I must have nodded off during the last 10 posts!

Doh!

Anyway, if you give them a start of 2 minutes each in the microwave, they'll cook in about 25 minutes in a halogen oven - depending upon the size.

halogen-jackets-2-s-jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom