What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re. baked potatoes and cooking times. I find that if they are less big and oval, i.e. not round then I can put an oiled skewer through them and bake them upper shelf Mk. 6 very often just for 1 hour.

Another way with potatoes - being both baked and 'roasted', is to cut them in half lengthways and criss cross the exposed flesh. Oil it and season it and bake as above, i.e. upper shelf Mk. 6. They are done in around 45 - 50 mins (depending on size) and have a lovely crispy top whilst co-starring as a baked potato underneath!

Finally had the Bratfud Bangla curry - reheated with yellow rice, roast potatoes, egg and a rather old naan bread.

april bangla - 4 s.jpg

Re. baked potatoes and cooking times. I find that if they are less big and oval, i.e. not round then I can put an oiled skewer through them and bake them upper shelf Mk. 6 very often just for 1 hour.

Do you remember these? Maybe they're still sold?

21zBUtDcX9L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

I've seen those for sale to be used in a bbq smoker. They also come in a larger size with extra slots so as to be able to stack 3 or 4 racks of ribs vertically on their short ends, with the outer spikes for the spuds.

I wonder how a smoked potato tastes?

I never tried - they always struck me as being too close together, i.e. would prevent sufficient heat circulating on the inside. Also I prefer to skewer all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom