What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Properly made Cuban sandwiches. The last couple of times we've gotten them out have been disappointing even though both places were good prior to COVID. It seems to be a growing trend here that restaurants.are skimping on ingredients. Do they think people won't notice? Craig got a pork butt to roast just so we could get decent sammies.View attachment 45310

Very nice! I haven't had a Cuban in a long time. They are hard to find in restaurants here, so I pretty much have to make my own, which means roasting a pork butt. But, it is worth it, and the roast pork is good for other meals (see below). I use my panini press. I have it, so may as well use it.

CubanSammy001.jpg

Cuban pork with black beans and fried plantains.

CubanPork001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Properly made Cuban sandwiches. The last couple of times we've gotten them out have been disappointing even though both places were good prior to COVID. It seems to be a growing trend here that restaurants.are skimping on ingredients. Do they think people won't notice? Craig got a pork butt to roast just so we could get decent sammies.View attachment 45310

What's in them please

Russ

75904747-E911-4AAD-BE19-CAFDC27B6BEB.jpeg

Fulvio’s Chicken Cacciatore.
My dad passed on Tuesday night. This is a weird way to announce something like this, I know. I drove to Omaha to be with my family, and decided to cook something, which is what he did for the family for most of his 88 years.

I wasn’t sure what to make. Then, as I drove there, I heard his voice say “chicken cacciatore”. I’d never made it before, but I made it today. I will probably post a recipe eventually. It was delicious and healthy, just like something he would have made. The family loved it. I feel like he taught me how to make it just now. Thanks, dad.

O
View attachment 45314

My dad passed on Tuesday night. This is a weird way to announce something like this, I know. I drove to Omaha to be with my family, and decided to cook something, which is what he did for the family for most of his 88 years.

I wasn’t sure what to make. Then, as I drove there, I heard his voice say “chicken cacciatore”. I’d never made it before, but I made it today. I will probably post a recipe eventually. It was delicious and healthy, just like something he would have made. The family loved it. I feel like he taught me how to make it just now. Thanks, dad.
Oh, my deepest condolences. My father passed 28 years ago. I'm glad you had your dad in your life for so long. It is never easy.

Your dish sounds wonderful.

View attachment 45314

Sorry to hear that The Late Night Gourmet. Sounds like a very fitting way to celebrate him.

View attachment 45314

That's so cool that thought came in your head, and sincere condolences to you and your family. Sad days ahead.

Russ

View attachment 45314

Food is a great comforter. Sounds like it did just that, both for those who ate it and the one who made it.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom