What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 45314

Fulvio’s Chicken Cacciatore.
My dad passed on Tuesday night. This is a weird way to announce something like this, I know. I drove to Omaha to be with my family, and decided to cook something, which is what he did for the family for most of his 88 years.

I wasn’t sure what to make. Then, as I drove there, I heard his voice say “chicken cacciatore”. I’d never made it before, but I made it today. I will probably post a recipe eventually. It was delicious and healthy, just like something he would have made. The family loved it. I feel like he taught me how to make it just now. Thanks, dad.

Sorry, I only just read your text post. My condolences 🙏 but that experience also sounds beautiful

Upper half of a leg of lamb, coated with olive oil, garlic, rosemary and anchovies. Cooked medium rare with celeriac puree, carrots and runner beans, gravy made with the juices and red wine.

View attachment 45314

Fulvio’s Chicken Cacciatore.
My dad passed on Tuesday night. This is a weird way to announce something like this, I know. I drove to Omaha to be with my family, and decided to cook something, which is what he did for the family for most of his 88 years.

I wasn’t sure what to make. Then, as I drove there, I heard his voice say “chicken cacciatore”. I’d never made it before, but I made it today. I will probably post a recipe eventually. It was delicious and healthy, just like something he would have made. The family loved it. I feel like he taught me how to make it just now. Thanks, dad.

So sorry to hear your news, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Like @TastyReuben you live well. :)
Thank you mate, I worked hard till I was 55 yrs old. Luck and being in the right place at the right time helped immeasurably, Financially we are very secure. I am married to a beautiful woman who has my heart and back. Unlike me she still does her Tai Chi kata most evenings on the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom