What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't checked in for a few days. So sorry to hear about the passing of your father The Late Night Gourmet

A nice cold snap has come back through here (it's snowing in the mountains) so last night it was time to cook up my favourite
Recipe - Beef & red wine stew with crispy potato topping

Mind you I didn't pay attention to my own advise to serve it with greens. I just chucked some parsley on top (but hey, it's green)

Oh my, excuse the dirty table!

They are fried savory dough balls. That are quite common under different names in the Balkans. Mrs Blank restricts my consumption as my arteries clog up looking a them. The last time I ate them was Feb 14th in the restaurant Baccus Livno Bosnia, you don't order them they just arrive like an Amuse Bouche
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWg54GberLU

Interesting we have something like that in Portugal but call them "sonhos" (dreams). Usually we make them either with carrot or pumpkin and they are a traditional Christmas dish, served coated in sugar and cinammon.
1598266334344.png

Indonesian cooked salad called Gado Gado. It was invented to reduce waste, so can be made with any available vegetable. It is always vegetarian and served with peanut( katjang) sauce, seroendeng and usually a boiled egg or tofu.
View attachment 45394

That is lovely despite the fact I don't like peanut sauce.

That is lovely despite the fact I don't like peanut sauce.
Have you ever tried a spicy peanut sauce? A good friend of mine made some sort of chicken thing with spicy peanut sauce and coconut milk and rice. It was really tasty. I don't know if that dish is even a thing or was just something she made up, but it sure was good.

Have you ever tried a spicy peanut sauce? A good friend of mine made some sort of chicken thing with spicy peanut sauce and coconut milk and rice. It was really tasty. I don't know if that dish is even a thing or was just something she made up, but it sure was good.

For an Indonesian there is no such thing as non spicy peanut sauce :laugh:
My recipe for peanut sauce has been posted before. It has coconut milk. And sambal. And more :okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom