What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A recipe I found called for two pounds of potatoes, a cup of cheese, three cups of cream and about a third of a pound of butter. I'm sure others use more, and others use less.

Sounds about right, I put cream in mine when wife's not looking. When she sees cream on the list she always says what do you want cream for?
Yet she loves my mash spud. Lol.

Russ

Chanterelle Pasta how we like it. The only sauce is a quarter cup of cooking water and a glug of olive oil to dress.The flavor of the mushrooms for me is paramount. For dessert carport grapes, neighbors figs, Mcvitie keksi and Gorgonzola picante

Last edited:
That's my first step for making banoffee pie.

Sandwiches at the Amish place today:

$5US each sandwich. Unbelievable. Proper Amish place, too. Cash or checks only, no electric, all the doors and windows open to let in enough light to see. Closed on Sundays and open until 5PM otherwise.

Looks great! Tell us when you visit more Amish places

Sounds about right, I put cream in mine when wife's not looking. When she sees cream on the list she always says what do you want cream for?
Yet she loves my mash spud. Lol.

Russ

A recipe I found called for two pounds of potatoes, a cup of cheese, three cups of cream and about a third of a pound of butter. I'm sure others use more, and others use less.

A couple Tbsps more than 1/3 pound in the recipe I used. The cheese was Parm R that was mixed with panko and butter. The potatoes are cooked in most of the cream, not water, so the cream reduces and becomes thicker. Then they get more cream and butter added, then into baking dish, topped with panko mixture and baked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom