What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting learning curve, a flop that is so impressive in taste, that I will rectify by using a cabbage of the appropriate age😄. Plus a new way to cook meatballs.

This cabbage was too young. It was so tender, it literally fell apart. Spaghetti serving as stick n hold tools did not help. But it was de li ci ous.

Recipe for (fresh,sweet) cabbage rolls by Kimono mom,s kitchen, varied.

Then I transformed the meat mixture into meat balls, plus lovely sauce.

Ground pork and beef, finely ground, bulgur, fresh onion, smoked paprika(a breeze). Over pasta.

From 1 to 10, kid said those were 15😂.

She knows not there was bulgur inside the mixture.😎 It was fluffy, well seasoned.

I thought, they would break, they just about did, but still hold somehow/no egg. The sauce I oversalted a tad, but with pasta and fresh cucs it was ok. Sauce got a 9/10👍🤓

Pre final cooking, sorry for the onion, using the same plate before tossing the rolls into the pot.

I like the way you serve the prawns in a dish rather than a wine glass. I have prepared prawns cocktails three ways now (the pint glass was just for effect) and I prefer the dish.

I think you are a bit of a food anarchist like me
this was christmas lunch in the UK some years ago. The white bowl is full of prawn cocktail, the other bowl has crispy fried whitebait, washed down with dry cider.

I use mayonnaise, tomato puree, red Tabasco, and a little salt and black pepper. So not a lot different.

We get enough fish sauce in our local foods.

Our supermarket's fish sauce aisle......

Once looking for canned tomatoes.

"Do you have any, there's none on the shelves?"

"We have some in the back, there's no room on the shelves"

"Don't you think you could make a little room for a few cans by keeping some of that bloody fish sauce and canned fish in the back?"

Delicious. Please describe the contents!

Its leftover cooked potato (cubed), peas, red onion chopped, chilli, garlic and mushrooms fried up then egg whisked with some garam masala poured into the pan. You could use any leftover vegetable really, although I think the potatoes are a key ingredient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom