What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grilled horseshoe gammon steak with re-heated cauliflower and potatoes, garden peas and English mustard.

The plan was to have this yesterday but I found bacon in the fridge which was at it's best by date so I substituted that.

The problem with the cauliflower and potato dish is that one cauliflower is good for 4 or 5 portions and it doesn't freeze well.

Forgot to post my yesterday’s photo dinner. Had Pinsa Romana with Stracciatella, Mint and Grated Courgette

Forgot to post my yesterday’s photo dinner. Had Pinsa Romana with Stracciatella, Mint and Grated Courgette.

I find it interesting that Italians use the word courgette instead of zucchini. I always assumed the word zucchini was Itatian.

CD

Cinnamon roll and coffee for breakfast this morning. One half with vanilla frosting, the other with caramel frosting:

View attachment 69283

A breakfast like that would have me mowing the lawn, washing the car, vacuuming the whole house, while doing six loads of laundry. Then, I would collapse and sleep for ten hours. Yeah, I have a bit of an issue with sugar and caffeine.

CD

I find it interesting that Italians use the word courgette instead of zucchini. I always assumed the word zucchini was Itatian.

CD

Dunno if generally Italians use the word courgette as I do, I learnt that courgette is the British English whilst Zucchini is the American one. It’s just my habit to call it like that although Zucchini would be more like our Italian Zucchine 🤷🏻‍♀️..

Dunno if generally Italians use the word courgette as I do, I learnt that courgette is the British English whilst Zucchini is the American one. It’s just my habit to call it like that although Zucchini would be more like our Italian Zucchine 🤷🏻‍♀️..

LOL, three British words in one sentence. Learnt, courgette and whilst. None of those three words trigger autocorrect on my computer, but many British words actually do.

CD

CD

This translation tool says:

And the plural is zucchine.

I think the word courgette is French in origin which is why in the UK we use it. French chefs dominated the kitchens of the wealthy back in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom