What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef and pork patties,stew,cucs lunch. It looks burnt, I did distract for a minute, but really like them.

New homemade spelt rye flax bread.

Eggplant homemade spread w garlic and sunflower seeds on crackers. Garlic is still too heavy for me at this point. So it is good I had an itsy bit of it.

Vegan homemade coconut milk raisins ice cream on a bed of apple, banana,pecan, grapefruit. No sugar added. Good, but I find raspberries would be better within instead of raisins. And any nut butter for extra creaminess, so they say. So I added peanut butter on the side. Might try a different version this or next summer.

I just made my first Mexican Salsa Verde. It is part of an egg challenge recipe. It tastes great. I roasted the tomatillos, onions and jalapeños on the gas grill (BBQ for the Brits). But...

As usual, I looked at a few online recipes to see what they had in common, then did my own thing. I used my home grown jalapeños. I used too many. The taste was amazing. The heat nearly blew the top of my head off.

Since MorningGlory is the judge, and she likes heat, I'm going with it. She and Yorky will probably love it. Everyone else may want to cut the jalapeño content in half. I will adjust my recipe before posting it, with a suggested MG/Yorky version. :laugh:

CD

Sorry, not been around much . Was visited by the black dog again, nothing too serious just a little down. Also been v busy with garden wall so tending to cook quick and easy shop bought meals.
Anyway a little catch up.

Had some chicken breasts so did 'em with some breadcrumbs and spices. Quite yummy.

Creamy garlic mushrooms.

Tacos.

Jambalaya

Was our 31st Anniversary recently so went out to our local Indian.

Garlic chicken wings.

Bhaji.

In the middle of a California heat wave, I skipped hot coffee this morning, in favor of iced tea, - iced honey lemon Earl Grey tea.

full.jpg

This was actually brewed hot in my coffee machine, using 4 tea bags and 5 cups of water. It was then poured off into a sealable bowl, mixed with hony and lemon juice and allowed to cool to room temperature. Then it was refrigerated over night.

This morning, I filled a glass with ice cubes and then poured in the tea from the bowl.

Voila!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom