What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salad with lardons, goats cheese, croutons, pear and vinaigrette plus sauteed potatoes.

I've been cleaning the kitchen for a couple of days (going through all the cupboards, organizing the spice rack, emptying counter space etc.) so we've had mainly junk food (like readymade bubble and squeak and bbq chicken with fries). My brother's youngest had his Lutheran confirmation (usually at 15-16 yo) this weekend, so we visited Helsinki, too. For the festivities, my sister-in-law had prepared a wonderful smorgasbord (self service) with e.g. Caesar salad, thinly sliced roast beef with capers, shrimp salad, baked taters, country bread and red brie cheese & fig sauce + several cakes for puds/dessert. Today I finally cooked: we had a spicy chicken, shroom & egg soup. I'll send more pics and the recipe tomorrow for the current challenge.
soup.jpg

I've been cleaning the kitchen for a couple of days (going through all the cupboards, organizing the spice rack, emptying counter space etc.) so we've had mainly junk food (like readymade bubble and squeak and bbq chicken with fries). My brother's youngest had his Lutheran confirmation (usually at 15-16 yo) this weekend, so we visited Helsinki, too. For the festivities, my sister-in-law had prepared a wonderful smorgasbord (self service) with e.g. Caesar salad, thinly sliced roast beef with capers, shrimp salad, baked taters, country bread and red brie cheese & fig sauce + several cakes for puds/dessert. Today I finally cooked: we had a spicy chicken, shroom & egg soup. I'll send more pics and the recipe tomorrow for the current challenge.
View attachment 69370

I still have my copy of Luther's Small Catechism. In the US, we are confirmed at a younger age. I was about 12, IIRC.

CD

Salad:

Pizza, using pesto for the sauce since I made pesto yesterday with basil from the garden:

Topped with two cheeses, some of the little sweet peppers we bought Saturday and also some of the yellow tomatoes.

I had to move to the back door for a pic, we had a storm moving in that made the kitchen too dark.

Lasagna. Homemade all except the pasta foglie. Fantastic.
First time making, the foglie were in the cupboard since I think February.

Kid gave it a 1,000,000 out of 10.

The educational basis was a website Good italian chefs, or similar, then we did our own little twist/take.

Kid helped with the veg cutting,she utterly enjoys doing it with the cutting machine.

The educational basis was a website Good italian chefs, or similar, then we did our own little twist/take.

View attachment 69412

View attachment 69413

View attachment 69408

View attachment 69409

View attachment 69410

View attachment 69411

Kid helped with the veg cutting,she utterly enjoys doing it with the cutting machine.
That looks delicious!

View attachment 69412

View attachment 69413

View attachment 69408

View attachment 69409

View attachment 69410

View attachment 69411

I can taste it from here.Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom