What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another repeat for today's meal, - chicken tamales covered with habanero salsa and melted cheese.

full.jpg

This translation tool says:

View attachment 69302

And the plural is zucchine.

I think the word courgette is French in origin which is why in the UK we use it. French chefs dominated the kitchens of the wealthy back in history.

I would think Brits would call it zucchini just BECAUSE courgette is French. :laugh:

CD

I used the last of my grilled (BBQ) chicken, the last of my honey jalapeño salsa, and some cheddar-jack cheese to make chicken tacos for lunch. No photos. You really can't see what's inside the taco in a photo. You only see what's on top. I need to come up with a way to show more taco innards.

CD

Last edited:
We were back home at 9:30 PM Saturday, and today we have my son’s graduation party. The spread was amazing: pulled pork sliders, fried chicken sliders, mac and cheese, salad, and pretzel bites…all of it delicious. The restaurant is a converted river boat, and the location is beautiful, even if the river itself is murky. The beer I have here is the appropriately named Hazy River IPA.

F9EC28C3-7712-40EA-8711-3C0D47D06A8C.jpeg 262B4DE2-C05F-49F0-A2C3-49A2F178BBD8.jpeg 999CB312-32E3-4C8E-9E11-A9C07F61066E.jpeg

Last nights dinner. Fish and chips. Pud ice cream fruit and fig biscuits. The fish was half the Turbot I bought last month. I fried it in oil and butter and de glazed the pan with noilly prat for a bit of sauce. It was pure luck I had a pedicure the day before.
View attachment 69255View attachment 69256View attachment 69257View attachment 69258View attachment 69259

You seem to have an excellent source for turbot, mate. I have seen you share many excellent meals with it.

You seem to have an excellent source for turbot, mate. I have seen you share many excellent meals with it.
I think I have a siege mentality mate and a good freezer. Turbot, Swordfish or Dover sole is available I by lots and keep. I am glad you like Athens. But for my wife's parents we would be there instead of Split.

We were back home at 9:30 PM Saturday, and today we have my son’s graduation party. The spread was amazing: pulled pork sliders, fried chicken sliders, mac and cheese, salad, and pretzel bites…all of it delicious. The restaurant is a converted river boat, and the location is beautiful, even if the river itself is murky. The beer I have here is the appropriately named Hazy River IPA.

View attachment 69306 View attachment 69307 View attachment 69308
Congratulations!🎉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom