What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner last night was oven “fried” chicken wings, creamed corn, potatoes, and onions (got a little too well done in the oven). Buffalo sauce, and blue cheese dressing to dip.

chicken_potatoes_081623_img_1431-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
One looked like soy sauce only sweet and the other looked like a sweet green salsa. Both had no solids in it. Just sweet liquid.
The dark one was possibly tamarind chutney, which is, as you say, liquid. the green one probably had coriander leaf and/or mint in it. Chutneys can be fresh (made with yoghurt, or tamarind, or coconut, for example) or cooked (Mango, apricot, apple, tomato, beetroot, etc.) and it's the cooked chutneys which usually have chunks in them.
Here's a coriander-mint chutney, and a tamarind chutney I used for an event a couple of months ago:
Coriander mint chutney.jpg
Tamarind chutney.jpg

I don't think so. Chutney usually has a little heat, and chunks in it. One looked like soy sauce only sweet and the other looked like a sweet green salsa. Both had no solids in it. Just sweet liquid.

I've mixed soy sauce and honey, and it is pretty good.

CD

DD ordered Boom Boom chicken. Soy garlic breast and wings, edamame, and fries.

It’s tomato time. I always grew up with tomatoes on the kitchen window sill..Problem now is I have eighteen plants so it's getting pretty crowded up there.. Getting the fresh tomato recipes out for a few weeks. Tonight it was tomato pie.
IMG_3930.jpeg
IMG_3931.jpeg
IMG_3932.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom