What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So back to curry puffs. As stated earlier I made the filling. I made pastry as per u tube. Butter pastry. It went downhill pretty quickly. Pastry wouldn't stay together. When I got that right when i closed the press the filling spilled out of the middle.
I'm gonna revert back to my samosas pastry. That's fool proof and stretchy as.

So on reading what others say on here I have 2 options curry puffs and dumplings. I love how cooking evolves.

Russ

Sorry I have not been active in awhile. Just been super busy. Last night I made a Chicago deep dish pizza. I’ve made them before. This time I used more fresh herbs. Like ALOT more. But it turned out really good. This morning I made French toast. I had never made it before. I used a recipe using Baileys Irish Cream. Will make it again with a few modifications. Tonight, I have manicotti in the oven. Got a ton of post to look at after dinner.

Sorry I have not been active in awhile. Just been super busy. Last night I made a Chicago deep dish pizza. I’ve made them before. This time I used more fresh herbs. Like ALOT more. But it turned out really good. This morning I made French toast. I had never made it before. I used a recipe using Baileys Irish Cream. Will make it again with a few modifications. Tonight, I have manicotti in the oven. Got a ton of post to look at after dinner.
That all sounds great.

Dad's Sticky Ribs and Decadent Cookies

From Chef Michael Symon, sticky short ribs (with less soy sauce than called for) and grilled potato salad without the peanuts.

20230806_192642.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom