What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I made creamy saffron and champagne shrimp and grits for dinner (it's a challenge entry). I used 1/2 a cup of champagne in it with about 1/4 cup of cream, and the caramelized bits in the middle are diced shallot, chopped garlic, and red/yellow bell peppers. You can't see the saffron threads in the photo below but I have some closeup of the grits when I first added them. It was really, really yummy!

View attachment 117055
I’d be more than happy to be served that in a restaurant.

Can you see that I used Saffron in these white choc pralines?
Coconut butter, Saffron , cinnamon for the mould bottom, white choc.

Made in a jiffy. Taste quite wonderful, although the Saffron is not very noticable, but you can definitely feel it.

I used 3 strands only.

THey've got a lovely crunch, I don't exactly know what of, possibly this plain choc is not meant to be melted?

Pretty stabile on the plate, as I type this.

So surprised it worked, should I enter It as a challenge entry?

View attachment 117050View attachment 117049View attachment 117051
Yes definitely, saffron chocolate is a unique choccy combo. I’d be tempted to try it.

Stuffed ravioli with a Romano cream sauce.
20240806_190232.jpg

We've started to extend our long weekends by closing an additional day as we can't really close for an extended time during our busy season. A free home day!! Winona said it was steak night. I did these zucchini parcels I saw on line. Slice thin strips lengthways and wrap a mixture of buffalo mozzarella, spinach and parmesan, then bake in a tomato sauce. And some more corn on the cob to help guide it all along.
IMG_4856.jpeg
IMG_4855.jpeg

Made everyone toasted vegetable curry 'Crimpet' wraps and they went down ridiculously well.

So well I didn't spoil things by fessing up that the vegetable curry was 'Princes' vegan curry out of a tin that I zhuzhed up and the tomato, peppers and onion was stuff in the fridge that was close to being slung out 😆

Sorry no pic I've had a rushed day til now.

Later LASAGNE, can't wait, need a lasagne fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom