What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experimental kitchen with the mini ‘crimpet’ wrap sealer.
Aiming for portable food with a non-wet filling that’s not too dry.

Used the sort of ingredients that often draw disapproval from the ‘from scratch' brigade but bear in mind that this is in place of a sandwich and needs to be fast and easy to make before packing and travelling.

IMG_3921.jpeg

IMG_3928.jpeg

IMG_3929.jpeg

Made differently to see which works best - one with a garlic butter lining, one lined with a curry/salt/sugar dust and one plain.

Went in an Indian samosa type direction and when I say direction it’s a very vague direction 😆

Chopped the mini bhaji’s, chopped and mashed the hash brown waffles and microwaved the edamame then mixed some fairly strong spices through it.
IMG_2398.jpeg

IMG_2399.jpeg

IMG_2400.jpeg

They’re in the fridge chilling down as that’s how they’d be leaving the fridge if I was travelling.
Taste test later then I’ll edit this so you can enjoy the unfolding disaster! 😂

Last edited:
Maybe TastyReuben uses an egg slicer?
I saw Jacques Pepin do a nice trick with an egg slicer to chop eggs for egg salad. He sliced them the regular way, then carefully picked up the egg, keeping it whole, turned it 90 degrees and sliced again. I started doing that now, just have to be super careful when picking up the egg to turn.

ETA: I posted this before I saw TR's post.

just have to be super careful when picking up the egg to turn.
Yes, true. And the eggs need to be cooked properly, of course, and they are.
All sorts of patterns can be achieved by arranging the slices, I imagine, if needed. Or decorating chop boards with deli, cheese, olives, crackers and egg slices in an elaborate way, if the occasion calls for it.

That sounds so funny😆. Like a cartoon.
Do you remember Peppa Pig? Love the cartoon to pieces.
There was a Mr Potato is Coming to Town episode.
So perhaps there are Mr Egg and Mr Athlete Egg Coming to the Kitchen.😅
Still do the 🎵Peppaaa pig 🐽🎵 every now n then even now decades later 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom