What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're the best. I used to use cases of them to make my Smoked Tomato Chutney. Yes, cases.
There's another brand from Mexico called Herdez. they're pretty good too, but La Costeña are better.
Have you posted a recipe for that? The sandwiches used just one chipotle, so I have the rest of that can to use up, and tomato chutney sounds good, especially with it being tomato season right now.

Last night I had a pre-made pizza from the freezer and boy did I balls that up 😂
I took my gluten free pizza which has always been made with vegan cheese and added a decent amount of Leerdammer on top.

Coeliacs tend to have a hard time with dairy, lactase drops help but they're not a complete cure. Leerdammer has a very low lactose content so I can get away with some of that.

I merrily put my overloaded pizza in the oven and remarked that the pepperoni looked real. Eventually I picked up the packet to read about the pepperoni.. which was real as was the grated cheese and the mozzarella balls. It was no longer vegan.
Oops I now have a mightily cheesy pizza to eat and not one to shy away from the occasional cheese guts I forged ahead yum yum 😮😆

Today it quite suddenly doesn't seem so wise and to make matters worse because I thought it was vegan cheese which doesn't move or ooze like real cheese I knew it was safe to put it directly on the oven bars. Lets just say clean up in aisle 5 will involve a stint scraping copious amounts of cheese from the bottom of the oven.

I was hoping to do this on the grill, but I never got round to it, so it was the cast iron frying pan which did the trick.
Home made burger with bacon, fried onions, English mustard, tomatoes, lettuce and home made pickled cucumbers.
You will note that Mr Porky is sitting patiently in the background, hoping that something will fall off the plate.
and chips!
Burger & chips.jpg

I was hoping to do this on the grill, but I never got round to it, so it was the cast iron frying pan which did the trick.
Home made burger with bacon, fried onions, English mustard, tomatoes, lettuce and home made pickled cucumbers.
You will note that Mr Porky is sitting patiently in the background, hoping that something will fall off the plate.
and chips!View attachment 117879
I did notice him straight away doing that thing dogs do when they pretend they're not interested in something they really want 😆
They kind of face away feigning disinterest while their ears take on a weird slightly pricked look and occasionally they'll be a furtive sideways glance to check the foods still there.

I think they might be trying to lure you into thinking your plates safe to be left unattended because they have no interest in it 😂
One of my dogs always did that when the bin liner got taken out of the bin and put down on the kitchen floor 😁

This looks terrible and I confess I forgot about them so they had the 20 mins they were supposed to have (cooked from frozen) and then the residual heat and smoke from the oven for a lot longer 😬

IMG_4024.jpeg

I thought oh dear these look bin ready but no it was just that the smoke had dried the tops of some of them a bit, they were still soft and flexible underneath.

I still thought due to their looks they'd be bad but by the time I returned to take a pic of my kitchen disaster for you most of them had been munched! This pan was wedged full to capacity.
They have been requested again soon as possible! Who wudda thought?

A dream day, not having to get kn the bus super early.

Lovely iced coffee with a nice square view.

Shared elevenses with the sparrows.

Good lunch.

Supper Mc salad with grilled chicken that looked dry, but was very tender and lovely, with boyfriend, he had a Chickerr hamburger and fries.

Chocolated nuts for dessert.

Absolutely happy.

20240827_105005.jpg

20240827_112933.jpg
20240827_112649.jpg
20240827_151845.jpg
20240826_171001.jpg

This looks terrible and I confess I forgot about them so they had the 20 mins they were supposed to have (cooked from frozen) and then the residual heat and smoke from the oven for a lot longer 😬

View attachment 117881

I thought oh dear these look bin ready but no it was just that the smoke had dried the tops of some of them a bit, they were still soft and flexible underneath.

I still thought due to their looks they'd be bad but by the time I returned to take a pic of my kitchen disaster for you most of them had been munched! This pan was wedged full to capacity.
They have been requested again soon as possible! Who wudda thought?
Is it chicken? Looks good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom