What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggplant parm with a layer of sausage under the cheese.
IMG_4905.jpeg

Seriously underwhelmed by the restaurant. Service started off great, but tanked by the end of our meal, will explain below.

Started with lobster bisque. Not a whole lot of lobster flavor unless you got some lobster meat. Mostly, it was butter and cream smack you in the face as Craig mentioned. It was rich and tasted good because of all the cream and butter, but not much lobster. Came out really fast.

20240825_175729.jpg

Ordered carpaccio. It was decent, but could have done without the truffle oil, that really wasn't. Would rather have skipped the "truffle oil" and had more arugula and shaved parm, which wasn't ParmR BTW.

20240825_175805.jpg

Fresh baked bread came with butter, plus oil and balsamic. Craig used up nearly all the oil and vinegar before I got to the bread. Pretty design though.

20240825_175746.jpg

Didn't take pictures of anything else because I could tell it wasn't going to be that great just looking at it. Food and drinks up to entree point were delivered pretty quickly.

Craig ordered lasagna bolognese. It was okay, but he said a neighborhood joint's is better and he has no idea where the chef learned to make bolognese, but it wasn't Italy.

I asked if the gnocchi was made in house. No, none of the pasta is. So, ordered mushroom risotto, told the server I'm picky about risotto, asked about texture, tight vs soupy. It was supposed to have wild mushrooms, which it did, asparagus, which I saw 2 really skinny, less than 1 inch long pieces, plus a whole bunch of chopped tomatoes, which were not listed in the ingredients on the menu. And, it tasted, looked like, and had the texture of regular boiled rice mixed with a mushroom based sauce. I had Craig taste and he agreed. Sent it back .

Should have just ordered a dessert at that point, but I ordered carbonara, made with pancetta per the menu. Asked the server how it was received by other people when ordered, and he said no one had ever sent it back. I guess if pancetta is smoked it would have been good, ran by Craig again, ate a couple of bites, then decided to bring rest home, fry up some over easy eggs, heat the pasta up gently, and have bacon, egg and cheese pasta for breakfast in next couple of days.

Service tanked after I sent the risotto back. Ordered a third glass of wine to go with the carbonara shortly after I ordered it. I actually hit the timer on my phone after waiting for the wine for quite a while. The wine didn't get picked up from the bar until I would have been done with carbonara had I eaten it. At the point he picked up the wine and started toward our table, 10 minutes AFTER I finally decided to start the timer on my phone, told him to forget the wine, and to bring us a box and 2 double espressos. It took 15+ minutes to get the espressos. And, either they hadn't cleaned the machine in awhile or someone had burned some espressos and hadn't bothered to clean the machine today.

Won't be going back. Bill was $120+ with tax. Left a $24 tip. Oh, they had the QRC code to pay online. I would have done that, but for some reason, the third glass of wine and the risotto were showing on that bill, although not on the paper bill. Hmm...

Mushroom and smoked provolone burger.
THAT is what I'm having for lunch tomorrow! :D
No mushrooms, because I haven't got any, and no provolone, but my burger will probably have fried onions, Swiss cheese, homemade pickles and a whole pile of chips/fries.

Had a bowl of cold chard soup with bread picese softened inside for elevenses.

Light lunch prior to dentist.

Anchovy ( heated for a minute, pinch of black pepper, and done) over pasta, lettuce.

I overdid anchovy quantity, should have used half. So other than being really thirsty now, was good.

Like this
20240826_112338.jpg
pasta! Uncooked it smells like rye bread, divine.

20240826_113413.jpg
20240826_114217.jpg

Went out to our local for Sunday lunch yesterday and they present it on a sharing board. This one was for four but way too much for us so they boxed the leftovers for us to take home. Couldn’t waste it so tonight we had bubble & squeak fried up with an egg and beef and turkey on the side. We still have lots of lamb and ham left for sandwiches tomorrow. Great value! (My wife was messing about by the way!😉)

IMG_2306.jpeg

IMG_2309.jpeg

IMG_2310.jpeg

Last edited:
First course:

IMG_9206.jpeg

Sort of a Texy-Mexy thing - creamy salsa dressing, crumbled tortilla chips instead of croutons, etc. MrsT liked the change.

Onto my next avocado thingy, even if MrsT says the avocado isn’t ready. It’s ready when I say it’s ready! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom