What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_9177.jpeg
IMG_9178.jpeg

That’s what I did with the rest of the mascarpone - just that, some heavy cream, sugar, scraped out a vanilla bean, and at the last second, a splash of rose water (because I have a whole friggin’ bottle of it), mixed up and piped into some split strawberries.

Repeat of last Saturday. Prosciutto di Parma, fresh mozzarella, tomato, and fresh basil leaves dressed with oil, vinegar, and spices on seeded semolina Italian bread.

Shopping wears me out. Sandwich and salad is easy.

Lunch was the usual... and whilst I was slicing up one of the avocados, I asked my OH where the others were. Knowing we had several recipes with avocado in them and that we always eat 2 at the weekend. I had put 5 on the shopping list. He bought 2. :banghead: :banghead: ...

20240825_121118.jpg

So he'll be going back in to the supermarket tomorrow to buy some more. It's quite useful his work place is across the car park from the supermarket really.

At lunchtime, I quit my studies. It's done by weekly assessment and decided enough was enough. I went out and had some fresh air in the garden. Did some pruning and weeding and dug up the remaining potatoes I had been storing in the ground over winter. It's getting a little warmer now, do they needed to be dug up, and to be honest, I can't cook with them when they're in the soil. And I needed some for the evening meal.

Cream of leek and potato soup. Very basic, 4 ingredients minus salt, pepper and a scattering of chives. I cooked, my OH blitzed it and didn't thin it. :banghead:

20240825_180126.jpg

Delicious.

I've been informed that he's practising smaller portions. I just wish he'd work out what calories are and concentrate on reducing high calorific content, not the lower calories that vegetable soup contains!

I'm still working on his education as you can tell!

Home cooked lunch, creamy soup, freezer leftover chard, celery ( head), onion, 1 leftover tortilla ( rather dry by now gf but became mushy and soft, perfect in the soup), vegan parmiggiano, drizzle of pumpkin seed oil. Very nice!

Aglio e olio gf pasta, and a mountain of vegan parmiggiano. It really is that good!

20240825_125102.jpg
20240825_130051.jpg
20240825_125222.jpg
20240825_125741.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom