What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fridge raid.
A few hot wings and tzatziki followed by a toasted pitta and some Lady's relish.
So I believe thats an American, Greek and English mash up, I unintentionally messed with the boundaries further by putting them in a balti dish 😂

IMG_4015.jpeg

I found a package of smoked pulled pork in the freezer. We will have smoked BBQ pulled pork sandwiches for dinner with potato chips/crisps and French onion dip for a side. It drives me a bit nuts that there will not be anything green on the plate, but not really sure what would go well with that, so...guess I will make a veggie and bacon omelet for breakfast to assuage the guilt, LOL.

IMG_9176.jpeg

That’s half of one of those bullhorn peppers I got yesterday (MrsT got the other half).

I have a tub of mascarpone in the fridge that is days away from senior citizenship, so I plopped some of that into a bowl, along with some lemon juice, zest, garlic powder, fresh dill, dried dill because there wasn’t enough of the fresh, and salt and pepper - one of those, “What do I have that’s about to go off?” concoctions.

Mixed it all up, smooshed it into the pepper halves, cut into little finger-food bites, and that was that.

View attachment 117780

That’s half of one of those bullhorn peppers I got yesterday (MrsT got the other half).

I have a tub of mascarpone in the fridge that is days away from senior citizenship, so I plopped some of that into a bowl, along with some lemon juice, zest, garlic powder, fresh dill, dried dill because there wasn’t enough of the fresh, and salt and pepper - one of those, “What do I have that’s about to go off?” concoctions.

Mixed it all up, smooshed it into the pepper halves, cut into little finger-food bites, and that was that.
It looks very...Tasty.

Everyone is out at a blokey birthday bash and I'm having some peace n quiet so I treated myself to some monkfish medallions.
Well I thought I had, I've just opened the vacuum sealed pack and holy moly they stank to high heaven. Straight in the bin outside! 🙁
Yeah, monkfish is an acquired taste. They looked grotesque and smelled awful in the the Lofoten Islands where we saw them airdrying by the coast.

IMG_1846_800.jpeg

Last edited:
Fridge raid.
A few hot wings and tzatziki followed by a toasted pitta and some Lady's relish.
So I believe thats an American, Greek and English mash up, I unintentionally messed with the boundaries further by putting them in a balti dish 😂

View attachment 117779
So, the tzatziki is a dip for the wings? That sounds pretty good, especially if they got some heat to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom