What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fish, steamed vegetables(broccoli,cauliflower,carrot), potato croquettes, store bought, good👍
20240823_142719.jpg

Chicken, oven dried tomatoes, caramelized fennel and onions, garlic, zucchini and orzo pasta with white wine and chicken broth for a light sauce. Also used dried thyme, basil and red pepper flakes. I brined the chicken strips for about 1.5 hours in a salt, good pinch of sugar, and the thyme, basil and pepper flakes.

20240823_183009.jpg

This was supposed to be another avocado challenge recipe, but I’ll detail that over in the challenge topic.

I didn’t take a pic of the completed sandwich, since it didn’t work out, but here are some intermediate pics, anyway:

IMG_9164.jpeg

Bacon weave before

IMG_9166.jpeg

Bacon weave after

IMG_9165.jpeg

Tarragon mayonnaise

All of that was to make a deluxe “California” BLT, which in addition to the LT, also featured cucumber, broccoli sprouts, and avocado (which didn’t work out).

This is the first time I’ve done a bacon weave, and I think it’ll be my standard for BLTs from now on - no balancing strips of bacon on uncooperative fillings, only to have it break apart and shed bits of bacon out of the sandwich. Everything fit perfectly and stayed together wonderfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom