What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definite the vinegar sharp, zero sweet for me, thank you. I don't mind if there's a little honey to balance out lemon if it's added, but not enough to be able to detect sweetness.

You and Morning Glory both.

Here in the US we have this concoction called Miracle Whip that looks like mayonnaise but isn't. It's sweet and I find it disgusting. Some people like it and it gets used in slaw sometimes, which might be why I don't like creamy slaws, because I am afraid someone used Miracle Whip. At my advanced age it's ingrained and I would just rather have the tangy, clear vinaigrette.

Oh and some people put raisins in their slaw. Eww.
I used to love miracle whip as a kid, now when I see it I get Vietnam flashbacks and have to breath into a paper bag. (meaning I can't stand the taste of it, it's like liquid sugar).

Last edited:
I used to love miracle whip as a kid, now when I see it I get Vietnam flashbacks and have to breath into a paper bag.
I don't know if you are kidding or not about that. If you are indeed a Vietnam Vet then I thank you for your service (my dad was an AF veteran of 3 wars). Hoping it's a joke though, because I wouldn't wish the horrors of war on anyone.
I love mayo, especially full fat deli mayo, like blue-plate.
I think my favorite is Duke's, but I like Helmann's. I don't think we have Blue Plate up here in Ohio but I seem to remember having their products as a kid when I lived in Florida. I moved to Ohio 25 years ago, but I think I was eating Duke's as a young adult. I dunno it's been awhile.

I don't know if you are kidding or not about that. If you are indeed a Vietnam Vet then I thank you for your service (my dad was an AF veteran of 3 wars). Hoping it's a joke though, because I wouldn't wish the horrors of war on anyone.

I think my favorite is Duke's, but I like Helmann's. I don't think we have Blue Plate up here in Ohio but I seem to remember having their products as a kid when I lived in Florida. I moved to Ohio 25 years ago, but I think I was eating Duke's as a young adult. I dunno it's been awhile.
No, it was a joke (I don't recall Vietnam having battles over mayonnaise). Hamburger hill seems more appropriate for mayo related battles though. I have a great (although really weird) sense of humor. I try to inject humor into everything whenever I can. Cooking and making people laugh is all I have.....and my cats.

Duke's is great, it's super thick, hard to get the last bit out of a squeeze bottle.

The pickling ones are available now, too. So there’s another one.
IMG_8926.jpeg

There are the four, in all their glory.

View attachment 116895

There are the four, in all their glory.
From left
We would call them Lebanese cucumbers,
Then English cucumber
The others we don't have.
The packaging on the English cucumbers is to increase shelf life. We don't have that snd they use saran wrap which doesn't serve any purpose at all. Just more wastage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom