What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booze run so late lunch pick up. Meat pattie and a lasagna topper.
Kebab and sausage for lunch tomorrow.
Islas coming for few days. Chicken kievs for tea with chips and cauliflower cheese sauce.

Russ

Unplanned Taco Tuesday at one of our favorite places
IMG_3452.JPG

Special for today, ground Beef hard shell Tacos for $1.95 each ... really not bad at all !

IMG_3453.JPG

Air Fryer Tater Tots topped with my Paniolo Chili, chopped Onions (and shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese for Moi) ... ONO!!!

So change of plans again.
Islas coming for the night.
I cooked cauliflower bake with aged cheddar. Very yummy. Her fave vege and from our garden. Fried chips. Chicken schnitzel. And microwave veges. 3 mins .
10/10 in her opinion.
Another change I'm sleeping downstairs as she sleeps with her nana. They talk for hrs.

Russ

So, for the first time ever, I made a traditional Spanish Gazpacho soup... lovely.

20231213_175946.jpg

We've been ripening the tomatoes all week and it was well worth the wait.

I just forgot to reserve a little of the tomatoes, cucumber or red peppers for the garnish. So I improvised and used dried flavored fava beans.

20231213_175959.jpg

I followed this recipe (Authentic Spanish Gazpacho Recipe) as closely as you can when Aussie sized veg are involved (I've come out with 10-12 portions! I guess my tomatoes and red peppers were a little larger than theirs!) . We'll definitely have it again.

Made potatoes fondant last week for the first time. Turned out great. Wanted to play with the recipe a bit so I made them again. Very pleased. Made New Orleans BBQ shrimp. And garlic bread to go with. Probably my best meal in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom