What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scaloppine with roasted gnochi and sautéed white beans
1702294046344.png

I went to my favorite TexMex place at the airport for cheese and onion enchiladas, and they were out of them... again. :(

I had Baja fish tacos. They were good, but not what I was craving.

View attachment 107930

CD

Theres nothing worse than finding that. Recently at dinner club I ordered a meal for the next day. No 39 as a takeaway.
Next day I zapped in microwave then opened. Nothing like the noodle dish i asked for. I was gutted. Spoke to wife later and she said i ordered a 35 to takeaway. I mucked up.

Russ

Cuban pork stew, cubes of pork shoulder cooked in bottled mojo, chicken and beef broth, and a little water I used to rinse the mojo bottle, with some garlic cloves. Onion, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms added at appropriate times. Craig ate 2.5 bowls and I managed to finish mine, though I'm stuffed.

20231211_183648.jpg

Made it back to the kitchen today after 4 days laid up and unsurprisingly there was no food. So I pulled two languishing (slightly past their sell by date) gluten free pizza bases and assembled this.

I used smoked chilli butter from the freezer which I melted and brushed over the base right to the edges.
Found some frozen chicken breast I baked coated with garlic, onion granules and a type of peri-peri seasoning I mix up myself.
There were mushrooms desiccating in the fridge so I fried them in garlic butter (just to make sure they tasted alright to eat 😉) added passata, basil and some of the new (to me) vegan cheese by Violife called ‘Cheddarton’

The trick with vegan cheese as far as I’m concerned is to go lightly with it, then it adds a good mouthfeel without having the ‘this isn’t cheese’ effect!

All in all it’s the best I’ve ever managed to get from a pre-made gluten free pizza base. I only keep them as emergency back up food (been away for a long time and arriving back late at night etc) but the smoked butter and ninjas pizza setting crisped them to a very tasty bite. Will definitely be getting some more of that butter!

IMG_1624.jpeg

IMG_1626.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom