What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got fed, it’s not pretty but it wasn’t the worse thing either, the scampi was nice. He confidentially informed me the instructions on the bag of chips were wrong 😂
But it was delivered on a tray so my swollen limbs didn't have to perambulate, and it came with a glass of water n a mug of tea.
If he can move lunch up a bit from 4pm it could even gain a 3 out of 5 stars.. for effort 🤣

IMG_1614.jpeg

Okay. They are cooked a different way than I cook them, but a lot of Muricans cook them in the oven or crockpot. The only thing I see is that I would want to crisp up/brown the exterior a bit at the end before serving. With baked ribs, you stop them just short of "fall off the bone," sauce them, and toss them on a grill (BBQ), or under a broiler (grill) for a just long enough to give them some color, and caramelize the sauce a little.

As for doneness, here is a trick BBQ pit-masters use. The bend test. You pick up the rack of ribs with some tongs, and they should easily bend, but not break apart. That's perfect doneness for Murican BBQ style ribs.

View attachment 107882

CD

Thanks appreciate your comments.
So day of serving I reheated with sauce over it fan bake. I got it pretty good as bones actually fell out picking them up.
Nice and brown. Eli even took some home for his tea tonight.
I only ate 2 to try prior to them getting here.
None left. I need to buy liquid smoke.

Russ

I’m getting fat, over 186 pounds as of this morning, so back on the salads:

View attachment 107820
That’s in the same range as me. It’s getting harder to lose weight. In ould drop 5 lbs in a week. I have been walking, Rowing machine, other stuff and maybe down 2 lbs in a month. I think I put it all back on this weekend. Beer, pasta, beer, pizza…

Too hot for toast for lunch today (the bread is in the freezer in the garage and i wasn't going outside), so back onto the fruit and homemade yoghurt. I did also have an egg that had a thin shell which had broken at the weekend. The membrane was still intact, so we typically put these eggs into a small airtight container, as is, and use within a few days. This one was a double yolker laid by one of our smaller girls. It was a huge 85g.

20231211_124738.jpg

1 kiwi fruit, 1 nectarine, some watermelon, 2 passionfruit, home grown raspberries & red-currants and homemade soy yoghurt (remains of!)

My sister went out for TexMex, again. I had errands to run, and stopped in a bar and grill where I had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, fried okra and white gravy. Yup, the old Texas heart attack special. I only have it about twice in an average year, and I ate every bite of that jumbo-size artery clogger.

The weird thing about a big ole plateful of badness like that is that you get hungry again a few hours later. I'd love to know the science behind that. However, I'm going to tough it out, and by tomorrow, my appetite will be back to normal.

I go home tomorrow, so I can go back to eating homemade food, and eating on my usual "grazing" schedule.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom