What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Husband made pizza on the bbq tonight, since we were having friends over.

I had leftover pizza for lunch, pizza for dinner, pizza on Thursday, pizza on Wednesday… I am officially pizza’d out!
NEVER!!!

Mom's Birthday dinner out
IMG_3458.JPG

Caesar Salads all around

IMG_3459.JPG

I had to help Mom to order ... her verbal skills are getting really bad, but we got it ... Fettuccini Alfredo with Shrimp and Sautéed Spinach

IMG_3460.JPG

For Moi, Coconut Shrimp with a lovely Pineapple and Jalapeno sauce, my side was also the Spinach - love that stuff!

IMG_3462.JPG

For DH, New Zealand Green Lip Mussels Marinara over Linguini

IMG_3464.JPG

The we each took home a Cannoli for later :okay:

I'm glad that Mom enjoyed herself, I know that she hasn't got many more years here with us so let's celebrate them when we can!!!

I must make this real soon.

Russ
Mom's Birthday dinner out
View attachment 108139

Caesar Salads all around

View attachment 108140

I had to help Mom to order ... her verbal skills are getting really bad, but we got it ... Fettuccini Alfredo with Shrimp and Sautéed Spinach

View attachment 108141

For Moi, Coconut Shrimp with a lovely Pineapple and Jalapeno sauce, my side was also the Spinach - love that stuff!

View attachment 108142

For DH, New Zealand Green Lip Mussels Marinara over Linguini

View attachment 108143

The we each took home a Cannoli for later :okay:

I'm glad that Mom enjoyed herself, I know that she hasn't got many more years here with us so let's celebrate them when we can!!!

Nz exports a lot of those mussels.

Russ

What's going on with you and spicy foods? Have you seen a doctor about it? I just can't quite wrap my head around Yorky eating "bland" food. :(

CD

It's not just spicy foods, dry foods also. They irritate my throat and cause choking. It's long since been rumoured that my mouth isn't connected to my brain and that now has become fact.

Over the past 12 months I've seen eight doctors (which is more than I've previously seen in my entire life). Apparently it's the result of a "silent stroke" but I know better - it's my body inflicting revenge for the abuse that I've given it over the last 60 odd years.

The pills that the doctor sells me don't do anything at all. And Alice agrees with me.

It's not just spicy foods, dry foods also. They irritate my throat and cause choking. It's long since been rumoured that my mouth isn't connected to my brain and that now has become fact.

Over the past 12 months I've seen eight doctors (which is more than I've previously seen in my entire life). Apparently it's the result of a "silent stroke
That's what happened with my (recently late) neighbour. I also saw a lot of it whilst I was in rehab for 4 months with stroke patients, though some did improve. All were told the same thing though. Smaller mouthfuls, chew well, plenty of liquid, and soups, stews and so on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom