What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m off work this week, so for lunches I’m following a 10-ingredient vegan Monday-Friday meal plan I found online. Started today with a pasta dish with an avocado-arugula pesto:
IMG_0719.jpeg

Dinner was fiesta pork salad from HelloFresh.
IMG_8594.jpeg

Wifes out for dinner a workmate is leaving so they are shouting them s meal at a restaurant. Freebie as its slush fund money.
I enjoyed my kiwiburger that much yesterday I went and got another. With fries and a sundae. I pushed the boat out.
Man I love them kiwiburgers.

Russ

Wifes out for dinner a workmate is leaving so they are shouting them s meal at a restaurant. Freebie as its slush fund money.
I enjoyed my kiwiburger that much yesterday I went and got another. With fries and a sundae. I pushed the boat out.
Man I love them kiwiburgers.

Russ

I still can't wrap my head around pickled beets on a burger. :scratchhead:

1702961614404.png

CD

View attachment 108183

CD

I'm sure you eat stuff I can't also get my head around as well. I've grown up with it. My first job had a cafeteria where they had beetroot and onion sammies. I had 2 every morning almost daily. I bottle about 10kgs every year. Served also with bbq and salads.
We eat pumpkin as well, with skin on. Roasted. The brits feed cows pumpkins as fodder. I absolutely love butternut pumpkin. My kids wont buy canned beetroot, only mine.

Russ

CD

I can't eat burgers in buns at present (with or without beetroot).

I miss the chilli burgers.

1702970022856.jpeg

Today I've taken a burger bun from the freezer which I shall break up and add to minced pork to make haslet.

[Edit}

Last edited:
It's not just spicy foods, dry foods also. They irritate my throat and cause choking. It's long since been rumoured that my mouth isn't connected to my brain and that now has become fact.

Over the past 12 months I've seen eight doctors (which is more than I've previously seen in my entire life). Apparently it's the result of a "silent stroke" but I know better - it's my body inflicting revenge for the abuse that I've given it over the last 60 odd years.

The pills that the doctor sells me don't do anything at all. And Alice agrees with me.

None of my business so please feel free to ignore.. but when you say the pills do nothing for you what are they supposed to be doing?

It is common practice to prescribe meds that help prevent a further strokes and you're often "not aware they're doing anything for you" when they are in fact doing a heck of a lot by preventing another potentially more serious stroke.

None of my business so please feel free to ignore.. but when you say the pills do nothing for you what are they supposed to be doing?

It is common practice to prescribe meds that help prevent a further strokes and you're often "not aware they're doing anything for you" when they are in fact doing a heck of a lot by preventing another potentially more serious stroke.

I was just being flippant by quoting Grace Slick.

Flippancy helps me through the day.

I'm sure you eat stuff I can't also get my head around as well. I've grown up with it. My first job had a cafeteria where they had beetroot and onion sammies. I had 2 every morning almost daily.
We'd come back from the boozer, around 11pm, and make Cheese, Beetroot and Onion sandwiches, with a splash of Salad Cream. What a way to go to bed!! :laugh: :laugh:

I keep meaning to make one at home, but I rarely ever make burgers, since it’s so easy to get one out. I think I’d like it, because I love beets.

McD’s sometimes sells their international menu items here for a limited time, and I’m always hopeful I’m going to see one pop up on a menu here.

The brits feed cows pumpkins as fodder. I absolutely love butternut pumpkin.
Curious…when you say “butternut pumpkin,” is that what you’re calling this:

1702990314870.jpeg

That’s what we’d call butternut squash, to differentiate it from these:

1702990468807.jpeg

When I was a kid, we’d grow pumpkins (that second pic) and use those for feed for our cows and hogs. I used to either chop them up with a big machete or for fun, get one and climb up on the fence with it, then throw it down as hard as I could to bust it open. Once the animals could get a start on it, it didn’t last long.

Both pics from Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom