What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skirt steak, green beans, and Knorr's noodle side.

skirt_steak_121823_1_img_2199-jpg.jpg

Curious…when you say “butternut pumpkin,” is that what you’re calling this:

View attachment 108191

That’s what we’d call butternut squash, to differentiate it from these:

View attachment 108192

When I was a kid, we’d grow pumpkins (that second pic) and use those for feed for our cows and hogs. I used to either chop them up with a big machete or for fun, get one and climb up on the fence with it, then throw it down as hard as I could to bust it open. Once the animals could get a start on it, it didn’t last long.

Both pics from Wikipedia

Yes the first pic is butternut second is squash. I roast both.

Russ

Fajitzas. A restaurant that was next door to where DD had a part-time job as a college student came up with the idea for these. They used to try out their new ideas on the college kids employed where DD was, basically guinea pigs for free food, the kids loved the restaurant. The fajitzas were a HUGE hit with the kids and subsequently restaurant patrons.

They used extra large tortillas, 14 and 16 inch, but we just used the large burrito size. Oiled and pre baked until they started to crisp. Taco sauce or a cooked, strained salsa, Mexican blend shredded cheese, onion and bell pepper strips precooked with some garlic, and just barely cooked extremely thin sliced rib eye with fajita seasoning. Crema drizzled on after baking.

20231219_182601.jpg

Store-bought meatballs (very bland, won't be buying them again anytime soon), served over buttered rice, tomato sauce, and pecorino romano for dinner last night.

meatballs_121923_1_img_2204-jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom