What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that nothing is going right this week.

15 minutes on 20% power in an 850W microwave... usual barely defrosted, today...

20231221_174136.jpg

Reminds me of the JD song " Some Days Are Diamonds (Some Days Are Stone)"

When you asked how I've been here without you
I'd like to say I've been fine and I do
But we both know the truth is hard to come by
And if I told the truth that's not quite true

Some days are diamonds, some days are stones
Sometimes the hard times won't leave me alone
Sometimes a cold wind blows a chill in my bones
Some days are diamonds, some days are stones

At least it was tasty...

The vegan "butter masala chicken" that's got no dairy or chicken in it! Lol. I raided the depths of the deep freeze. It's reached the point where we can't actually get much more into it in containers at least. If I poured things in directly I could just find space but.... the New Year will see us eating from the deep freeze for about 3 months trying to empty it!

20231221_183639.jpg

I know rice is more traditional, but we've had rice for 4 of the last 5 nights... so chickpea pasta it was.

Food from last night. MrsT usually takes decent pics, but these are substandard:

IMG_9755.jpeg

Cherrywood bacon appetizer

IMG_9757.jpeg

Kona-crusted strip steak (it came with shallot butter sauce and I also ordered bearnaise…and used all of both!)

IMG_9758.jpeg

Half-order of au gratin potatoes

IMG_9759.jpeg

Half-order of asparagus

IMG_9761.jpeg

Filet with lobster tails

IMG_9765.jpeg

Coconut cream pie (tart?) with a big ol’ shortbread cookie

I just knew you'd order the bacon and a steak. :laugh: :laugh:
Here’s the funny thing about that bacon:

I mentioned in the other topic that there was a small issue with the service. What had happened was that we were seated, and immediately, one of the underlings brought us water and bread and said that we’d be seen to shortly for cocktails, etc.

We got skipped, and I’m normally patient with things like that until people seated after us get served, and when that happened, I gently explained to one of the hostesses as she walked by that we’d not gotten any service beyond the bread and water, and she said she’d handle it.

Two seconds later, up popped our waitress, she offered a quick and pleasant apology, asked for our cocktail orders, and said, “Due to your wait, well of course comp those for you.”

Off she went, and about five minutes later, we were visited by the maitre d’ and he apologized some more, then sat down a double portion of “our house specialty, fried calamari, we can’t have you starving!”

It was a flippin’ mountain of it, and neither of us can eat that. I didn’t want to say anything and appear ungrateful, but MrsT doesn’t have that gene, so she pleasantly said, “That’s much appreciated, but neither of us will eat that.”

“Please, name anything else from the starters, and it will be yours!” - that’s how we ended up with the bacon, which was outstanding.

MrsT being MrsT did note to me, “The calamari was a double portion…how come this isn’t?” :laugh:

Here’s the funny thing about that bacon:

I mentioned in the other topic that there was a small issue with the service. What had happened was that we were seated, and immediately, one of the underlings brought us water and bread and said that we’d be seen to shortly for cocktails, etc.

We got skipped, and I’m normally patient with things like that until people seated after us get served, and when that happened, I gently explained to one of the hostesses as she walked by that we’d not gotten any service beyond the bread and water, and she said she’d handle it.

Two seconds later, up popped our waitress, she offered a quick and pleasant apology, asked for our cocktail orders, and said, “Due to your wait, well of course comp those for you.”

Off she went, and about five minutes later, we were visited by the maitre d’ and he apologized some more, then sat down a double portion of “our house specialty, fried calamari, we can’t have you starving!”

It was a flippin’ mountain of it, and neither of us can eat that. I didn’t want to say anything and appear ungrateful, but MrsT doesn’t have that gene, so she pleasantly said, “That’s much appreciated, but neither of us will eat that.”

“Please, name anything else from the starters, and it will be yours!” - that’s how we ended up with the bacon, which was outstanding.

MrsT being MrsT did note to me, “The calamari was a double portion…how come this isn’t?” :laugh:

If I'd have been at the next table, I would have said, "Excuse me, but I'll take that calamari off your hands."

CD

We went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch after errands. Craig had 2 different Tex-Mex apps for his lunch, and I had half of the lunch size spicy rigatoni pasta. Brought home cheesecake slices of Godiva for me and salted caramel for Craig. Those will be dinner.

Pasta here too!
IMG_3483.JPG

When I was putting together the Stuffed Shells yesterday, I ran out of the Ricotta Cheese filling, but still had loads of everything else ... 🦹‍♀️
Sweet Italian Sausage and two cheese Shells
Very tasty! 🥲
I've got to write this down and do it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom