What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch and a treat. Ice-cream for the sore throat.

20231222_122825.jpg
20231222_124633.jpg
20231222_132655.jpg

The apricots are home grown, off our tree.

So plenty of vitamin C and plenty of treat!

I raided the veg plot for the last of the soft red fruit and found beans, warrigal greens and Swiss chard enough for an evening meal...

So on the freezer raiding front, I located a tub of last year's sorrel and rocket pesto and added chickpea pasta and some carrots.

20231222_173716.jpg
20231222_174550.jpg
20231222_174552.jpg

Hubby didn't quite 'cook' the greens as much as warm then enough to not wilt, but both are young enough to be edible raw...

20231222_180115.jpg

There's a hidden sausage roll as well. If the greens had be wilted, you might have stood a chance of seeing it!

The pesto is quite a thin one and having come out of the freezer was warm from a microwave defrosting, so spread outwards rapidly. It was so a very tasty pesto though with a nice garlic kick to it. It had a pinenut base to it for a change.

The images in the previous post are inserted via a media album. These are the exact same images posted direct.

Haslet mash s.jpg

Haslet mash gravy s.jpg

So you don't eat any fish or any seafood?
I’ll eat fish and chips and tuna salad (tuna from a can). MrsT’s shorter list is probably what she won’t eat, because she’ll eat lobster, shrimp, crab, scallops, etc. She won’t eat calamari, oysters, and a couple of other things.

I’ll eat fish and chips and tuna salad (tuna from a can). MrsT’s shorter list is probably what she won’t eat, because she’ll eat lobster, shrimp, crab, scallops, etc. She won’t eat calamari, oysters, and a couple of other things.
Have you ever tried fresh seared tuna? It has a much milder flavor, and smell (way less), than canned tuna.

Do you mean like a tuna steak? That would be no. The only way I’ve eaten tuna is drowned in mayonnaise.
Yes.

Sorry, just can't wrap my head around eating canned tuna, even the top tier stuff, with that smell and taste, but not willing to eat fresh tuna, which has a very small fraction of both.

Just to be on the up and up, you will NEVER catch me eating or being anywhere near canned tuna from the common brands. I will, once in a while, use the top tier canned/jarred tuna that has to be ordered or come from a high end specialty market in a nicoise salad. On the rare occasion Craig wanted regular old tuna salad, he either had to make it when I wasn't going to be home for a while or go outside to make it. Just the smell will make me gag.

Sorry, just can't wrap my head around eating canned tuna
I tried some of that fancy canned tuna, packed in oil, because a few people told me it was better than the Chicken-of-the-Sea water-packed stuff, and…I didn’t care for it at all.

I tried some of that fancy canned tuna, packed in oil, because a few people told me it was better than the Chicken-of-the-Sea water-packed stuff, and…I didn’t care for it at all.
I like Bumblebee solid albacore in water. When I was a kid, all they had was packed in oil. I can't deal with that anymore. Tastes like motor oil to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom