What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No LJS around here. 😥 I also like the LJS chicken planks. We drove a couple of hours to go to one in PA once.
Yup, when we lived outside Minneapolis, I’d drive down to Rochester or Mankato for LJS every couple of months.

Didnt like the locally-caught walleye, but I’d eat that LJS! :laugh:

5th and final day of the vegan lunch plan: tofu salad sandwich. The dressing is hummus-based, and I topped it with arugula, tomato, and some leftover carrot ribbons from yesterday’s salad.
IMG_8618.jpeg

Doing this meal plan was fun. I find that a lot of those meal plans/meal preps you find online don’t necessarily work for someone who isn’t home everyday, so it was nice to give this a go while I was off work this week.

Winn Dixie had young turkey breasts on sale for $1.99 last week. Craig had been wanting to smoke a turkey, but I don't like it enough to do a whole turkey. It came out absolutely perfect this time. Medium smoke and very moist. Leftovers for smoked turkey and wild rice soup, plus a few other dishes. He made my plate and he loves dressing so got a little heavy handed on that. A sort of deconstructed green bean casserole side.

20231222_175513.jpg

Dinner tonight - pickle soup with some toast. There’s plenty leftover, so we’ll probably be having this for lunches a few days next week.
View attachment 108320
Looks good. Never heard of pickle soup before. Sounds very interesting. Have you posted the recipe? If not, please do. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom