What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday’s starter of Baba Ganoush.
Ordered because I dislike aubergine and thought well if these peeps can’t convince me I give up!
It was so good I would have given up my main course to have it twice (I didn’t) but I am a convert, well to that particular Baba Ganoush, I’m not making any promises for the other terrible oil slicks lurking out there 😂
View attachment 116210
No other pics because we have a no tech at the table rule that I broke to take the aubergine snap, I had to make promises it would be the only photo while ignoring my family’s baleful glances 😆

Its one of my favourite ways to use aubergine. Its actually terrifically easy to do.

I cooked a dish from one of my Dahl recipe books. It's the only recipe book I have that isn't vegetarian or vegan.

20240712_175544.jpg

It was a yoghurt and chickpea flour sauce with various vegetables. I served it over kale.

Lunch last weekend.

20240713_124025.jpg

20240718_071421.jpg

I made a dish that featured celery during the week. The recipe said 4 sticks of celery, but I don't think they were talking about Australian celery. Those 4 sticks weighed in at 1kg! I put the celery on some normal sized sliced bread as a size guide.

20240718_185653.jpg

It is a stew with pearl barley, celery, onion, potatoes and loads of mushrooms. I added tofu for extra protein.

Daughter cooked a chicken tomato risotto.
She put a lot of rice, will carry a portion to her Dad, will bring 2 portions to my parents. It's good food. She will learn along the way.

She basically fed 4 people, which is a blessing.

She agreed for me to post it. And hired me to be her food stylist for the day.😊

IMG-20240719-WA0002.jpg

20240719_154053.jpg

We have not discussed my hourly pay😅😅. It will be volunteering or a baby kiss.

Daughter cooked a chicken tomato risotto.
She put a lot of rice, will carry a portion to her Dad, will bring 2 portions to my parents. It's good food. She will learn along the way.

She basically fed 4 people, which is a blessing.

She agreed for me to post it. And hired me to be her food stylist for the day.😊

View attachment 116245

View attachment 116246

We have not discussed my hourly pay😅😅. It will be volunteering or a baby kiss.
I thought perhaps it was a "will work for food" position.

I didn't even know what risotto was when I was her age.
Of course, why would you know? On those lines, I told her today, that I never asked my parents for any clothing items while growing up. I wore what was provided. I can't even recall shopping with my parents, except for shoes...which had to be tried on.

Of course, why would you know? On those lines, I told her today, that I never asked my parents for any clothing items while growing up. I wore what was provided. I can't even recall shopping with my parents, except for shoes...which had to be tried on.
I just mean she has a sophisticated palate for someone so young.

Some sandwich meats.

Beef and Jalapeño, the last of the four I made and had had enough, as evidenced by the big chunks of un-chopped jalapeños 😂
Tastes good though 👍
IMG_3648.jpeg

IMG_3655.jpeg
IMG_3650.jpeg

Red Onion Liver Sausage. My least favourite to make and the most liked by everyone else, damn! 😆

IMG_3656.jpeg

Garlic Pork with a smidge of paprika.

IMG_3659.jpeg

Pork, Apricots and Pinenuts (my favourite of the four).
Used too many pinenuts and that was a lovely mistake. Happy with the un-sulphurred apricots. It sliced and held together much better than the pic would have you believe.

Very little wastage this time (the only wastage were the end pieces that were too close to the slicing disc for me to risk slicing my fingers off), that was all gobbled up by the lunch crew anyway.
I think the better slicing texture is down to the addition of a tiny bit of potato starch which is a good natural binder.

This was Chinese fast food takeout from a mystery shop on Wednesday. I was eating a giant sub that day so I had some of the Chinese today for breakfast. It was orange chicken, chicken teriyaki, and chow mein noodles. There's enough left for 3 more small meals.
20240717_155440.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom