What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TVC served us tapas this evening.

20240719_192050.jpg

I just started a crockpot of ham and bean (limas and this kind of bean from Mexico called peruano that kinda look like greenish-yellowish Navy beans) soup with potatoes, carrots, garlic, and onion. I put the ham first in my soup title because there is probably as much ham in it as the total of the other ingredients!

It may seem odd to make soup in summer, but it went down to 55F/13C last night and supposed to do about the same tonight, so really not bad soup weather at all. Maybe some of this cooler weather will reach msmofet soon and then jump across the pond to Lullabelle!

Grandson playing rugby at 10am.so I'll make bacon and scrambled eggs for wife I'll have a cup of earl.
I'm cooking for friends tonight
Fried bluff oysters entree
Blue cod, salad and twice fried chips.
Cheesecake
Then euchre
Perfect night

Russ
I'll be there ASAP! Might take me a bit...see you next week, LOL!

I just mean she has a sophisticated palate for someone so young.
Yes, I got that. Thank you.
I guess we are very different generations...regarding food, I also, like you, had a more narrow cooking/food horizon. And not only food, our demands were way smaller, that was my point...🥰💜

Yes, I got that. Thank you.
I guess we are very different generations...regarding food, I also, like you, had a more narrow cooking/food horizon. And not only food, our demands were way smaller, that was my point...🥰💜
I think it's more a compliment to you for giving her a broader range and understanding of cuisines.

more a compliment to you
Oh Goodness, I did not expect that...thank you very much! And I have sooo much to learn yet! And am so grateful to have found and been a part of this forum! It's the longest and richest cooking masterclass and the loveliest learning curve for me, and her, indirectly. Possibly.

On her own, she is also very informed through the internet...

But thank you🥰💖💖

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom