What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacon cheeseburger that I smoked and then reverse seared with a special sauce and the works. Served with fries.
20240702_223144.jpg

Last night's supper, omelette with pepperoni, a peach and a fresh fig on the side. Delicious.
The fig was gifted by a kind neighbour. Figs growing and ripening in our continental climate with moderate winters...challenged my perception of figs being further southern Meditterranean fruit.

I was also gifted a precious bunch of fresh Lavender, that by my boyfriend, from his garden. Absolutely beautiful and wonderfully aromatic.

20240702_215928.jpg
20240702_202611.jpg
20240702_202606.jpg

Left over rotisserie chicken, fried up with onion, garlic, ginger, chili, chili bean paste, Chinese wine & vinegar
In left over Chinese lotus rolls
(Next time I will cut the lettuce or assemble it a bit nicer)
It was tasty, and guess what ...
I got left over filling :)
IMG_20240702_174257_541.jpg

didn't have my glasses on
No worries😄I too wear glasses, nearly all my life, and there are similar instances...all the time...
And you know what? In a pastry shop downtown they DO sell chocolate figures of all sorts, footballs, high heels, teddy bears, including cell phone shaped ones😄😅so not entirely impossible...

Out and about I had a tiny choc mint cashew bar.
Am baking a new almond cashew peanut coffee cake. Cashew-peanut was a part of a snacking mix I could not finish up, so I ground and tossed it in with the almonds.
Will post later on.

Both for late night snack and this morning's breakfast it was the homemade muffin, blueberry oat yoghurt and a dark choc cube.
View attachment 115567

I always love your dishes and how you combine simple ingredients into something very nice.

By the way, thank you very much for the recipe link of piadina, I'm now going to have a look! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom