What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massala curry & fried paneer
20240703_113731.jpg

The other thing is that most people don't know how seafood should be cooked. They are so used to the overcooked, dried out seafood most places serve that they take that as the standard and don't know any better.
You are so absolutely right. Shrimp, for example, only need a few minutes. Squid rings need even less. Mussels, cockles, clams - just a minute or so. Octopus? Don't even dream about how it's perfectly cooked, because most times, it's rubber.
The best battered squid rings I've ever eaten were at a beach on Margarita Island. They barely took a couple of minutes.
And the best seafood I've ever eaten was in Barcelona.

A quick but filling kebab for lunch during the teachers' education.
20240704_140903.jpg
20240704_140912.jpg

My brain was buzzing in a million directions and questions, so was not much of a pic taker...
Besides of the lectures pictures for my coworkers...
A loong day, tiring because of the seated position...I hope to walk back home from the train station...

Dinner last night was at Benihana for a mystery shop job. It was okay. However, I would not have been happy about the meal/cost if I wasn't getting reimbursed for it. I took pictures, but they are nothing to look at because of the way things were served. I had never been there and Craig had only been there once several years before we met, so 35+ years. He said it was about the same from what he remembers.

We had tuna poke, which we both did like a lot, and their fried rice. Then it started going downhill. Our soup, their house onion/mushroom, and salad were served at the same time, less than 5 minutes after the poke and fried rice. Soup was okay, though I didn't think it had a lot of flavor. Salad was just a run of the mill salad. Then, the chef showed up. I don't know if he was playing up the accent or was fresh off the boat, but it was annoying only being able to understand a small part of what he was saying for the most part. He went thru their allergy spiel and repeated our orders, all of which was understandable. I had ordered med rare beef tenderloin and scallops. Craig ordered scallops, Northern lobster, and shrimp. My tenderloin hit my plate literally after I took my last bite of my poke. It was medium at best. I was biting my tongue about how long the seafood was cooking, but surprisingly the scallops were cooked perfectly. Craig's shrimp and lobster were another story, seriously overcooked. The shrimp were curled up in a tight O, and both them and the lobster looked dry. We were served zucchini slices and onions as vegetables.

We won't be going back.
It's so much harder to write bad reports than good ones. That sucks, sorry to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom