What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr SSOAP made linner. Roasted pork belly and roasted veg one pan style. They had coconut rice with theirs but I’d scoffed an entire bag of gluten free mini cheddars before hand so had a small plate.
Short changed myself a fair bit there! 😂

IMG_2287.jpeg

Spaghetti carbonara. My tooth is acting up again. I have to eat soft foods.
View attachment 115726
Well if you have to eat soft foods, at least they will be delicious! That looks superb!

I can relate somewhat to your issue, my DH has 4 front teeth that have been bothering him for a few years and they were loose for awhile. He has a brace that holds them in place and is taking additional calcium and vitamin D to make them stronger, plus he gets super duper planing and scaling treatments at the dentist. But at any rate, he has difficulty with biting into some foods and although he can chew, he has to cut his pizza in bite size pieces and other foods as well. No corn on the cob for him.

We had our youngest daughter over for dinner last night. We haven't seen her since her grandma's funeral. She has a house here in Akron and an apartment in Indianopolis (about 6 hours away) and her fiance was writing songs with his rock band, so it was just her. We had filet mignon, shrimp broiled with lemon butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese, garlic and cheddar mashed potatoes, and peas (I was thinking of you SandwichShortOfAPicnic lol). It was quite good. I have been using a reverse sear technique with my steaks for a few years now and it's become a tried and true way of cooking them, they always come out perfectly medium-rare (finished in my cast iron skillet). I used to try to get my DH to grill them for me but if the steaks are less than 2 inches thick, he tends to overcook them!

Supper and dessert, the turkey breast, leftover zucchini fritters, nectarine. Later, the coffee cake with , this time, Vanilla oat ice cream.
20240706_163957.jpg
20240706_205418.jpg
20240706_205425.jpg

Inbetween the supper and dessert I went out and saw a very interesting documentary on the Irish (tap) dance. It is the European Movie week in my city. It was a very pleasant summer evening to walk, so I walked another 4 km back.

We had our youngest daughter over for dinner last night. We haven't seen her since her grandma's funeral. She has a house here in Akron and an apartment in Indianopolis (about 6 hours away) and her fiance was writing songs with his rock band, so it was just her. We had filet mignon, shrimp broiled with lemon butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese, garlic and cheddar mashed potatoes, and peas (I was thinking of you SandwichShortOfAPicnic lol). It was quite good. I have been using a reverse sear technique with my steaks for a few years now and it's become a tried and true way of cooking them, they always come out perfectly medium-rare (finished in my cast iron skillet). I used to try to get my DH to grill them for me but if the steaks are less than 2 inches thick, he tends to overcook them!
Sounds lovely!

Funnily enough I was thinking about my other halfs lack of ability in the kitchen just today.
Things I think are completely obvious that he doesn’t know, it reminds me of a teenage me cooking 😂

The pork belly strips that I explained quite simply must be roasted until the fat crisps, he put them on two separate trays on two different shelves and didn’t rotate their position so one tray was over cooked and one under.

I think these things don’t require explanation when you’ve done 5 decades on the planet but that’s an assumption and a half 😂

Same as your hubby, he cooks the steak for X amount of time regardless of the thickness of the fillet, it all sounds painfully familiar 😆

Of course someone else cooking for you is always a joy so I say nothing and try to log what needs mentioning the next time!

Thing is he get’s really stressed if it doesn’t turn out just so and requires lots of encouragement and praise.

On my 40 birthday he got himself so wound up about cooking things perfectly I had to take over and that was before we even got to the truffle scrambled eggs for breakfast 😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom