What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had poke for dinner tonight.
An unusual poke, however, because no-one eats greens, or spring onions, or lettuce, or wakame, or anything close.
I added a huge blob of wasabe to mine and my (cerebral palsy) son noticed I'd left something on my plate. He never leaves anything on the plate, so he had mine. Two minutes later , a shriek : "I'm burning up!" then hoots of laughter.

Well if you have to eat soft foods, at least they will be delicious! That looks superb!

I can relate somewhat to your issue, my DH has 4 front teeth that have been bothering him for a few years and they were loose for awhile. He has a brace that holds them in place and is taking additional calcium and vitamin D to make them stronger, plus he gets super duper planing and scaling treatments at the dentist. But at any rate, he has difficulty with biting into some foods and although he can chew, he has to cut his pizza in bite size pieces and other foods as well. No corn on the cob for him.
If you guys want to hear it, I can type it, but not now, it will take too long. There's some weird stuff happening

Lincolnshire sausage, mash and peas with onion gravy.
IMG_2172.jpeg

The true cooking fun was the fritters though.😃
Gluten free Zeppole was the goal. Different recipe, yeast based, different flour. Of which I had to add plus 150 g in the yeasted dough afterwards. Instead of Zeppole, I'd say these are fritters. Or perhaps Snowman's buttons.

Shapewise, they just formed flat circles, a few tear shaped flat ones, one Christmas tree shaped one (cause that is the only metal cookie mould I own).

i had them with a slight sprinkle of powder sugar, berries jam and even ham.

Very happy. In 8 hours time, gone. Eaten. So, they were really good. They had body, character, greasy and juicy, soft, spongy...nothing more for me to want.

20240707_141831.jpg

20240707_144956.jpg
20240707_144956.jpg
20240707_145204.jpg
20240707_143753.jpg
20240707_143404.jpg

Pork chop, sautéed cabbage*, and a couscous entry:

View attachment 115771

*If I said “sautéed cabbage” to my mom, she’d say, “I don’ care if yah saw Ted er not, but that there’s fried cabbage!” :laugh:

We had fried cabbage with my casserole last night. I add small bits of bacon.
We love it.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom