What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap! Now THAT'S expensive. Mine didn't even come with a lid, but it's a standard 12" size so my other lids fit on it. I don't care much if something is resistant to metal utensils, but that doesn't really mean a lot to me anyway because "resistant" doesn't mean that it won't scratch. I have a ton of vinyl and silicone spatulas and spoons, and wooden spoons, so I have been able to keep my cookware in good shape. Boy it would suck to scratch something that you paid that much for!

Edited to add: I see it's Gordon Ramsey endorsed. It looks pretty heavy, hope he doesn't hit someone in his kitchen with it. Ouch.
I have a lot of respect for him as a chef..... As a person, I can't stand him.

I have a lot of respect for him as a chef..... As a person, I can't stand him.
I always wondered how much of that is an act? Could anyone be that big of a jerk?

I am not a big fan of Bobby Flay but he might be a really nice person, who knows!

creamed chipped beef on toasted english muffin - local corn
1721600254767.jpeg

creamed chipped beef on toasted english muffin - local corn
View attachment 116381
I have to make that again some time. My DH remembered eating it as a kid and said it was one of his favorite meals growing up. I mentioned it to his mom last year and she busted up laughing since it was so cheap and easy to make. But she told me how to do it and I made it for him earlier this year and he was so happy!

His mom passed away recently so maybe I will go get some chipped beef and make him some, good comfort food. Hey, when I used it I bought that Buddig refrigerated "beef" and it turned out really good but I saw online that some people use the dried stuff in the jar. I read that the dried jar stuff is really salty, though. What did you use?

we have an Amish market - cured stuff&cheese at one end fresh beef/chicken/sausages of every kind at the other . . .
and absolutely splendid veggies in the middle - they always have spitzen quality stuff.

I tried the bagged stuff from the supermarket once - drew a big yuk....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom