What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom told me about these. She would bake them so they got soft, then put some butter and brown sugar on it. Delicious.
Yes, very easy to make. She was right!
My Grandma used to make those too!

Now that I avoid sugar and dairy it's plain for me, but it is still naturally very sweet, creamy, have you baked one yourself?

That is, if you like squash...

Holy geez that's expensive.
I bought mine on a Black Friday deal for $20. I also have some Calphalon that's not too pricey and I have used that before. Ironically, I have a omelet pan that I have never used...I think I will give it to my oldest daughter or if she doesn't want it, maybe Goodwill.

350F = 176.67C. So for an oven temp 175C is close enough I think?

Whenever I post about US temperatures I usually list both since many forum members are not from the US and don't use Fahrenheit. Even with weather I usually list both...not going to make someone Google it or do the math conversion.
Just a little gentle ribbing 😁
I don’t mind converting temps one bit.
When in doubt, 350 until the cheese starts to bubble.
He has a (deserved) reputation for serving cold food due to never checking things before he puts them on the table 😆
Once some pre-made pies went on the table and back in the oven three times.
When I finally gave up and helped (I’d decided I was staying out of it because surely you must be able to heat a pie?) I discover he’s using a tray that’s too big for the oven and the door isn’t shut properly 🤦‍♀️

This time I helped him put it in at 170c (that’s pretty close to 350F) with a thermometer in the centre and said don’t get it out until your app tells you it’s at least 75 degrees.

Only had to assist three or four more times 🙄😂
But we had hot food! Two hours later than he’d announced for but hey we ate!! 😆

Just a little gentle ribbing 😁
I don’t mind converting temps one bit.

He has a (deserved) reputation for serving cold food due to never checking things before he puts them on the table 😆
Once some pre-made pies went on the table and back in the oven three times.
When I finally gave up and helped (I’d decided I was staying out of it because surely you must be able to heat a pie?) I discover he’s using a tray that’s too big for the oven and the door isn’t shut properly 🤦‍♀️

This time I helped him put it in at 170c (that’s pretty close to 350F) with a thermometer in the centre and said don’t get it out until your app tells you it’s at least 75 degrees.

Only had to assist three or four more times 🙄😂
But we had hot food! Two hours later than he’d announced for but hey we ate!! 😆
Yeah, I was poking Puggles there, LOL.

I hate converting temps and just won't bother most of the time unless I need to do it.

I bought mine on a Black Friday deal for $20. I also have some Calphalon that's not too pricey and I have used that before. Ironically, I have a omelet pan that I have never used...I think I will give it to my oldest daughter or if she doesn't want it, maybe Goodwill.
This is what I had my eye on. 🤤
HexClad Hybrid Nonstick 12-Inch Fry Pan with Tempered Glass Lid, Stay-Cool Handle, Dishwasher and Oven Safe, Induction Ready, Compatible with All Cooktops https://a.co/d/4TPCec7

It's resistant to metal utensils. That's what has me very interested.

This is what I had my eye on. 🤤
HexClad Hybrid Nonstick 12-Inch Fry Pan with Tempered Glass Lid, Stay-Cool Handle, Dishwasher and Oven Safe, Induction Ready, Compatible with All Cooktops https://a.co/d/4TPCec7

It's resistant to metal utensils. That's what has me very interested.
Holy crap! Now THAT'S expensive. Mine didn't even come with a lid, but it's a standard 12" size so my other lids fit on it. I don't care much if something is resistant to metal utensils, but that doesn't really mean a lot to me anyway because "resistant" doesn't mean that it won't scratch. I have a ton of vinyl and silicone spatulas and spoons, and wooden spoons, so I have been able to keep my cookware in good shape. Boy it would suck to scratch something that you paid that much for!

Edited to add: I see it's Gordon Ramsey endorsed. It looks pretty heavy, hope he doesn't hit someone in his kitchen with it. Ouch.

Pizza:

IMG_8837.jpeg

Or cold, LOL. Yeah, here it has been as hot as 100F/37C (or maybe a little more) and as cold as -10F/-23C.
Now granted, those are extreme temperatures. We do have some weird weather here in OH that's for sure. The past 10 years or so the winters have been fairly mild, and we can vary greatly in summer temperatures, that's for sure. We had a few days that were in the high 90s (98F/37C) last month and then we had some very cool days shortly thereafter where it didn't hit 75F/24C.

Now granted, those are extreme temperatures. We do have some weird weather here in OH that's for sure. The past 10 years or so the winters have been fairly mild, and we can vary greatly in summer temperatures, that's for sure. We had a few days that were in the high 90s (98F/37C) last month and then we had some very cool days shortly thereafter where it didn't hit 75F/24C.
I remember when I was a kid (God that makes me feel old) seasons were the correct temperature and more consistent. Nowadays it seems like it's one extreme to the other and up and down unseasonably.

I remember when I was a kid (God that makes me feel old) seasons were the correct temperature and more consistent. Nowadays it seems like it's one extreme to the other and up and down unseasonably.
I can relate, I was a kid in the 60s and 70s...but hey, at least we can still remember that far back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom