What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yesterday I made Indian food. Pakoras with beansprouts and a potato and onion curry from Mumbai. ( The mango chutney is home made)
Indian dinner.jpg

Today, I wanted something easy, fresh and delicious, so I made pasta with broccoli, garlic and fresh chiles:
Pasta with broccoli.jpg

It was nice of Russ to give her a couple bites. You know the term "split" doesn't always mean evenly in half, right? I would wager that Russ ate most of that burger and she just had a few bites of it.
Still a massive no in this house.

Hi I can pick you up half a burger the way home if you like?
Urr
Oh ok three quarters of a burger? I don’t like burgers so I’m not ordering myself one but I will eat some of yours.
Urr I rather fancied a whole burger, half or three quarters a burger is not the same experience and I love burgers.
Yeh but I’m going in to order fast food and not actually ordering what I want to eat because that way I’ll save in calories and just eat some of yours.
NOOOOOO

Sorry it’s something that winds me up. It’s a particularly strong trait in women. They order a small portion or something lighter in calories and then want to eat your food.
Just order what you bl**dy want and stop eating everyone else's!

Both my bezzie and my other close friend do it. Drives me nuts. I do not want to watch your hungry ass eating a Caesar salad minus the dressing and the bacon whilst you eyeball my fish and chips and then ask me for some of my chips.
You want chips, order chips and stop putting your dieting obsession on other people!!

I got no issue with sharing.
But in a bit of a different way, esp with asian food...
Never saw the point in ordering the same dish as someone else, rather 2, 3 or more different dishes and we share :)

I got no issue with sharing.
But in a bit of a different way, esp with asian food...
Never saw the point in ordering the same dish as someone else, rather 2, 3 or more different dishes and we share :)
That’s a bit different than ordering a burger.
Asian food yes that is a multiple dish sharing experience, it’s not like I’d order tapas and expect not to share, they are sharing foods but someone not ordering enough food for themselves and wanting to eat some of your single portion, that’s something else.

I suppose with some people there’s and irritating predictability to it and when you’re hungry yourself it can grate that they’re going to expect to eat yours!

Still a massive no in this house.

Hi I can pick you up half a burger the way home if you like?
Urr
Oh ok three quarters of a burger? I don’t like burgers so I’m not ordering myself one but I will eat some of yours.
Urr I rather fancied a whole burger, half or three quarters a burger is not the same experience and I love burgers.
Yeh but I’m going in to order fast food and not actually ordering what I want to eat because that way I’ll save in calories and just eat some of yours.
NOOOOOO

Sorry it’s something that winds me up. It’s a particularly strong trait in women. They order a small portion or something lighter in calories and then want to eat your food.
Just order what you bl**dy want and stop eating everyone else's!

Both my bezzie and my other close friend do it. Drives me nuts. I do not want to watch your hungry ass eating a Caesar salad minus the dressing and the bacon whilst you eyeball my fish and chips and then ask me for some of my chips.
You want chips, order chips and stop putting your dieting obsession on other people!!
I guess it's no issue with us because I'd never think to order a burger for takeaway. I'd much rather make them at home. I will do the occasional burger mystery shops where they pay me to go and sometimes I'll take my DH with. We both have our own burgers lol. We do share fries because we end up throwing a bunch away otherwise. I'll only eat 4-5 of them.

Sorry it’s something that winds me up.
I’m very much that way with chips/fries/crisps. If you want to try a bite of something I order, just to sample it, that’s fine, but if you don’t want a whole order of fries…well, then you must not want any fries, AFAIC, cuz yer not gettin’ any of mine! :laugh:

Praline or truffle, the difference, well, I had no clue, but it seems I gave pralines a try.

Dark chocolate with coconut butter, brazil nut bits and sour cherries. Good combination!

I find it therapeutic to cook or walk.

Silicon mould is way better for taking the pralines out.
Who told me I could use the ice mould? 🤔🫣😶‍🌫️
Scooping the pralines out with a spoon works fine, but not presentable.

The floral pralines are adorable, they melt within 7 seconds...the room temperature is rather hot, possibly also not the right ingredients, but still delicious.

20240723_181140.jpg
20240723_181135.jpg
20240723_160656.jpg
20240723_155721.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom